Menu

Veritas Press Cards

TXMary2

I have been waffling for about the last 6 months about whether I want to use the VP cards that Classical Conversations uses. I don't want to use CC - I love TOG, but I have been thinking about incorporating the VP Timeline cards. I am not sure how I would do that or if it would smoothly tie in with TOG.

Does anyone out there use the VP cards w/o using CC??

We are doing the Time cards in the CC order without doing CC - we do TOG. I am just having them memorize 6 a week - we're up to 50 cards already. I plan on doing all 160 cards each year. The thought is that doing this year after year, it will give them historical pegs to place information on. If nothing else, it's developing a memorization muscle.

Beth

Edited by bethben

We are doing the Time cards in the CC order without doing CC - we do TOG. I am just having them memorize 6 a week - we're up to 50 cards already. I plan on doing all 160 cards each year. The thought is that doing this year after year, it will give them historical pegs to place information on. If nothing else, it's developing a memorization muscle.

Beth

So do you use the cards that match the TOG year you are doing?

There's certainly no reason you'd need to use CC to use VP. The VP cards are simply a product that CC happens to use as well.

I have all of the VP history cards (not the Bible cards), and we really used the American history ones (their 5th and 6th grade sets, Explorers-1815 and 1815-2001). I think they're a great resource. I never found a really wonderful way to incorporate them into our other studies. They worked best when we were actually using them as our framework and doing the readings around them. Otherwise, the timeline aspect tends to get a little muddled. Still, as a supplementary resource they're nice.

Yes. We originally used them with our VP studies. The second time around, we used them as a timeline, and built our outside readings primarily around the events/people on the cards. Love the cards. I've laminated them and placed them on rings. For a couple of years, we took them off the ring and hung them as a visual timeline as we progressed in our history studies.

Lisa