Menu

Would a ZIPFY make a good gift?

I'm thinking of ordering a Zipfy off amazon.com and having it shipped as a gift.

It's been a while since I've lived somewhere that's fantastic for that sort of thing so I'm a bit out of the loop. They seem a bit pricey for a sled but the reviews seem decent.

Anybody have one of these and can vouch for whether:

a) they're worth the cost

b) they're funner than fun and would make a great gift

c) what age group these are best for?

It's cool, but I'd hate to give a gift that they can only use IF it snows, KWIM?

BTW, how lazy are kids that they need this?

*snort*

I remember my mom getting us this plastic brick-like thing that had an end open...it was to make snow bricks with, to build a fort. Or igloo, but Mom freaked out when we had a very short tunnel, an igloo would have had her on the ceiling. :001_huh: I think the only thing it was ever used for was hitting each other with :lol:

We don't have them, but my dd's saw the same thing at Target the other day (different brand I think but same shape) and they both really wanted one. I think they'd be good for places guaranteed snow, maybe ages 6-12? They seemed pretty sturdy, but I don't think my big behind would fit on there. :lol: It would be easier to carry back up the hill than a standard sled, but only good for downhill sledding, not pulling stuff around the yard.