Menu

As an adult how often have you moved?

How often have you, as an adult, moved?  

1. 1. How often have you, as an adult, moved?

• Never. I live in my parents' house.
    • 1-2 times
    • 3-4 times
    • 5-6 times
    • 7-8 times
    • 9-10 times
    • 11-12 times
    • 13-14 times
    • 15 times
    • More than 15 times

Ditto.

Hubby stayed in the same area as a kid, but moved houses every few years. I moved nine times as a kid, not counting the times we lived with other people or in temporary housing while waiting on housing to open up. Hubby and I have both been itchy. We want our next move to be our "forever" home.

I moved about 10 times as a kid. This was supposed to be our forever home, but it's just too much for me to take care of ( it's a huge old Victorian). I want a smaller house, we are looking at farms right now. I do hope that our next place is our forever until we retire home. We plan to move to Italy and live in a no kids allowed love shack when we retire. We told the kids, we will pay for them to stay in a hotel when they "come home" to visit.:party:

Kim

I chose 15+ times. 3 countries. 9 states. Since age 18. We're moving again in 2 weeks. We moved less than a year ago. I moved quite a bit as a child. The longest I've ever lived anywhere was 5 years and that was as a child. I didn't want to move my kids around a lot, but that is just how things have worked out. I have pretty good packing skills now :) At least my children won't have to change schools :tongue_smilie:

I've moved 4 times since I graduated from college but the first 3 moves were all within the first 5 years of our marriage (college apartments to our own apartment to a new state for a full-time job). Since buying our house 10+ years ago, we haven't moved. My daughter was 18 mths old and doesn't remember any other home. My son has never lived anywhere else.

Yeah, it would be HUGE if we moved. I'm sure it would cause them some stress though I'm not sure it would be a negative experience.

Wow - it makes me tired even thinking about how many times you all have moved! My mil still lives in the house dh was raised in; my mom still lives in the house they took me home from the hospital to; dh and I moved to a different state, lived in 2 different apartments and then bought this house and have lived here for 12 years! We hate moving.

I moved 10 times in a period of 8 years - from the time I was 18 until I was 25. At 25, we moved here and I have been here almost as long as I spent moving around!

ETA: Most of these were moves from one dwelling to another. Only 4 of them were to different areas - one from my hometown to my college town (~ an hour away), one from my college town to my first job town (~2 hours), one from my first job to follow my dh to a new job (~4 hours), and one from there to where I am now (~5 hours).

Edited by Tree House Academy