Menu

Spent the day at the ER

I came down with some kind of virus two days ago. It's been really tough - very bad muscle pain, high fever and tightness in the chest.

Dd8 was home from church with me this morning when I couldn't breathe. I could not talk and all I could do was to sort of grunt. She was terrified and was crying while trying to call my dh who was preaching. We were able to get a hold of him to tell him to meet us at the ER. I drove myself there and got chewed out for it.

My breathing and heart rate are sky high. I had a breathing treatment but they are not totally sure what I have. It's not an identifiable flu. My breathing and heart rate are still high (the breathing treatment made it even higher). I'm going to go lie down now. Please pray for me - esp. that I can get some sleep sometime because the pain and difficulty breathing has meant that I've only gotten a couple of hours sleep.

I came down with some kind of virus two days ago. It's been really tough - very bad muscle pain, high fever and tightness in the chest.

Dd8 was home from church with me this morning when I couldn't breathe. I could not talk and all I could do was to sort of grunt. She was terrified and was crying while trying to call my dh who was preaching. We were able to get a hold of him to tell him to meet us at the ER. I drove myself there and got chewed out for it.

My breathing and heart rate are sky high. I had a breathing treatment but they are not totally sure what I have. It's not an identifiable flu. My breathing and heart rate are still high (the breathing treatment made it even higher). I'm going to go lie down now. Please pray for me - esp. that I can get some sleep sometime because the pain and difficulty breathing has meant that I've only gotten a couple of hours sleep.

Praying for you.

I've been in your DD's situation. She was very brave. Make sure she knows that.

:grouphug:

You may need prednisone for this as well:grouphug: If it does not get better or worse please do not hesitate to go back to the ER. They may also give you a script for your own nebulizer and albuterol. It is a life saver to have your own machine imo. You can even get them on amazon very cheaply to buy to have on hand. I hope you feel better soon.

Oh no, Jean! I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Could it possibly pneumonia? Did they run tests?

I hope and pray you sleep tonight and are feeling better in the morning!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

They did chest x-rays which did not show pneumonia. They did test for swine, and inflluenza A & B and those were negative.

I'm praying right now. I'm sure they'll be able to help you soon. I would push for an EKG (is that what they're called?)

They did an EKG. They were most concerned about my heart since I was tachycardic.

I have not moved from my armchair since coming home. I need to get some more motrin to try and reduce my fever. I am sitting here with sweat running off of me and my fever is still too high.

Guest CarolineUK

You're in my thoughts and prayers Jean. I'm so sorry you've had to suffer such a setback after working so hard to improve your health. Lots of love and :grouphug:.