Menu

Can you show me examples of intricate lapbooks (yours or others)?

Halcyon

I've seen the one that SWB showed on youtube and WOW. That was something else. Would love to see other complex, long-term lapbooks.

I'll see if I can figure out how to upload pics of my son's. He's got some pretty intricate ones, done over several weeks or months. Is it possible to upload pics to the thread, or do I need to upload them to a blog or something and redirect?

I'll see if I can figure out how to upload pics of my son's. He's got some pretty intricate ones, done over several weeks or months. Is it possible to upload pics to the thread, or do I need to upload them to a blog or something and redirect?

I think a blog, or you can use photobucket or flickr (easy to set up an acct)--but you can also pm me and I'll send you my email addie--i'd love to see them! Thank you!

Wouldn't you like to do one for yourself, Hillary? I sometimes wish I had the time. It would be fun - hey, we could have a mom's lapbook contest.

My kids do notebook pages, they sketch and do a narration of something that interested them from the weeks worth of work that we have done. I think that if I got them to do lapbooks, my love of paper and my perfectionistic qualities might take over, so I just haven't gone there yet. It is tempting, especially because 3 of my 5 kids are quite artisitic.

We did one on The Great Kapok Tree, which covered the book, tropical rain forests, and Brazil. It only took 3 weeks (my dd was already kind of an expert on the rain forest, as far as 6-year-olds go) but it has lots to it. It's 2 folders put together, with 2 added pages that fold up and down. Is that intricate? I really don't know. It's not fancy or anything, but we worked really hard on it. I can try to post a pic if you're at all interested. DD is 6 and not writing much independently, so a lot of the writing was done by me (but it was all her words, lol). It won't hurt my feelings if it's not the kind of thing you're looking to see - like I said, it didn't take a very long time to complete. :)

Wouldn't you like to do one for yourself, Hillary? I sometimes wish I had the time. It would be fun - hey, we could have a mom's lapbook contest.

Oh, that wouldd be fun!!! what would the topic be? Time management? A lapbook on time management--fun!

My kids do notebook pages, they sketch and do a narration of something that interested them from the weeks worth of work that we have done. I think that if I got them to do lapbooks, my love of paper and my perfectionistic qualities might take over, so I just haven't gone there yet. It is tempting, especially because 3 of my 5 kids are quite artisitic.

I hear you :) That's why I leave it almost totally in their hands. I'll cut stuff for them, but they need to handwrite everything, which means it doesn't look very....professional LOL. But I have made paper color suggestions.....:lol:

We did one on The Great Kapok Tree, which covered the book, tropical rain forests, and Brazil. It only took 3 weeks (my dd was already kind of an expert on the rain forest, as far as 6-year-olds go) but it has lots to it. It's 2 folders put together, with 2 added pages that fold up and down. Is that intricate? I really don't know. It's not fancy or anything, but we worked really hard on it. I can try to post a pic if you're at all interested. DD is 6 and not writing much independently, so a lot of the writing was done by me (but it was all her words, lol). It won't hurt my feelings if it's not the kind of thing you're looking to see - like I said, it didn't take a very long time to complete. :)

I'd love to see it!

Oh, that wouldd be fun!!! what would the topic be? Time management? A lapbook on time management--fun!

I hear you :) That's why I leave it almost totally in their hands. I'll cut stuff for them, but they need to handwrite everything, which means it doesn't look very....professional LOL. But I have made paper color suggestions.....:lol:

Time management? Hmmm...I would have a lot to learn!

I try to back off too, although, it is often hard. I am hoping that there will come a day that they want my help. Right now, they want to do it all by themselves.;)

It sure sounds like I need to get back to scrapping doesn't it. It has been months since I have created anything. I was thinking about doing Ali Edwards Christmas mini-album, I even started the base a couple of years ago for one, but that is as far as it got, and right now it is packed up somewhere.

I will do a lapbook on curriculum options! Perfect for this junkie!!!

I have a couple on my Loving Life Lapbooks (link below).

On the top right:

Click on The Black Death, Aztec, Tower of London, and the Henry VIII booklets(this got extremely big so we stopped)

Those are inspiring! How do you fit them in to your day--wow.

crosspost

I also put this in your extras thread.

We make minibooks all the time, because my xtra student gets excited when she sees construction paper. I wish I could say that we made more of them into lapbooks.:blush:

Our Skeletal Sytem/ Muscular system lapbooks are in these two posts.

http://mandyintn.blogspot.com/2010/1...in-review.html

http://mandyintn.blogspot.com/2010/1...in-review.html

The Cuppycake xtra student's France lapbook.

http://mandyintn.blogspot.com/2010/0...or-mei_17.html

The Cuppycake xtra student's flower lapbook.

http://mandyintn.blogspot.com/2010/0...egan-some.html

HTH-

Mandy

Here's one for SOTW 2.The same site has SOTW 1, too, as well as others--some easy, some harder.

Wow! You guys do some great lap books! We've done a couple and Indy loves to do them, but this year we're doing History Portfolio (which I'm kind of iffy on) and it has several mini books in it, so we've not done a full lap book this year.