Menu

Dinner Plans Cancelled.....No New Boots......DH took DS to the Movies........

I can live with all of it.:)

DD11 and dd10 are sick - head colds, sore throats, dd10 has a fever. They are both in bed reading. First thing this morning, we cancelled the sitter and told the other couple we have to re-schedule. DH had plans to do the tile floor at the entrance to the 'new' great room -- he went out and purchased all the tile, etc.

However, :glare: ds10 (who thankfully feels great :)) was just totally out of ways to occupy himself. With his sisters, the three of them will play for hours (and I do mean hours) with LEGO, but on his own, well, he had already done the LEGO thing for a couple of hours and then he brought his soccer ball inside.......and I did not see things taking a positive turn with that.

He and dh are on their way to see Megaminds.............I am sure they will have a great time.:)

So sorry your DCs are sick, but glad you're ok with it and able to have some peace on a sick day (peace and sick day do not go together here!).

Hopefully you'll find a boot-worthy occasion soon! :)

ETA: Just reading about your shopping options made me homesick. I lived in No. Va. for many many years (graduated from Robinson Secondary) and miss it, if not the traffic!

Perhaps there will be another event for which you will need those boots...? :)

Absolutely! ;)

So sorry your DCs are sick, but glad you're ok with it and able to have some peace on a sick day (peace and sick day do not go together here!). It's only happening here b/c I sent dh and ds to the movies. Otherwise, it would be h*ll here.;)

Hopefully you'll find a boot-worthy occasion soon! :)

ETA: Just reading about your shopping options made me homesick. I lived in No. Va. for many many years (graduated from Robinson Secondary) and miss it, if not the traffic!

Hate the traffic. DD11 has a friend whose mom graduated Robinson . We were looking at houses in Clifton last week, and the friend lives there. Small world.:)

I can live with all of it.:)

DD11 and dd10 are sick - head colds, sore throats, dd10 has a fever. They are both in bed reading. First thing this morning, we cancelled the sitter and told the other couple we have to re-schedule. DH had plans to do the tile floor at the entrance to the 'new' great room -- he went out and purchased all the tile, etc.

However, :glare: ds10 (who thankfully feels great :)) was just totally out of ways to occupy himself. With his sisters, the three of them will play for hours (and I do mean hours) with LEGO, but on his own, well, he had already done the LEGO thing for a couple of hours and then he brought his soccer ball inside.......and I did not see things taking a positive turn with that.

He and dh are on their way to see Megaminds.............I am sure they will have a great time.:)

Dress up anyway. It's fun! :001_smile:

Dress up anyway. It's fun! :001_smile:

Well, I dressed up in my pjs and went to bed really early.:) Does that count?

Aw, shoot! I was hoping to get a preview of the new boots. Well, you can always get a new pair to make you feel better that you didn't get to go out to dinner - call them "therapy boots" ;)

Isn't that redundant?;)