Menu

Probably a long shot lol... but pop quiz! Do you recognize...

A quick google search told me who it might be - and I believe it. But because I cheated, I'll keep my mouth shut :D. However, ds saw it and said, "Is it either Criss Angel or Jesus?":001_huh::glare: (:lol::lol::lol:)

PS. Just to validate my thought, are the initials L. W. ?

:lol:....

...and yes!

<waiting to see if anyone can recognize him by sight>

All I could think of was "Charles Lindberg."

Boy, am I out of the loop! :001_huh::lol:

I didn't see the tatoos or whatever they are until later. I was just thinking of those pictures that show Lindberg in his aviator's head gear...

(slinking away, feeling unbelievably dumb...)

Edited by Chris in VA

Heh I didn't expect that most of you guys would know who that was (I wouldn't recognize him either as I wouldn't even know what he looked like without Googling myself).

It's a rap artist, his name is Lil Wayne.

If you look at THIS particular picture of him...

http://dajaz1.com/uploaded_images/lil-wayne-791210.jpg

...do you think the tattoo closely resembles that particular photo of him?

Heh I didn't expect that most of you guys would know who that was (I wouldn't recognize him either as I wouldn't even know what he looked like without Googling myself).

It's a rap artist, his name is Lil Wayne.

If you look at THIS particular picture of him...

http://dajaz1.com/uploaded_images/lil-wayne-791210.jpg

...do you think the tattoo closely resembles that particular photo of him?

Oh, no I don't think that really looks a lot like him.

The face is much thinner than the actual person. I also think it's too tightly cropped to see enough of the face. The oval cropping makes the sunglasses look like aviator glasses especially with the way they blend into the hair which almost looked like a headband. The cigarette is hard to make out so the reason for the hand covering his mouth was lost in the translation for me as well.

Edited by Cindyz

The face is much thinner than the actual person. I also think it's too tightly cropped to see enough of the face. The oval cropping makes the sunglasses look like aviator glasses especially with the way they blend into the hair which almost looked like a headband. The cigarette is hard to make out so the reason for the hand covering his mouth was lost in the translation for me as well.

Yeah, I agree with those things for the most part! I said it was cropped too tightly too (that was the effect they wanted, but then some things that would have made it more apparent as to who it was were lost in the translation so to speak, such as the hair, and the glasses looking weird).

Ah, well!

My husband is a tattoo artist and a good one but he's NEVER attempted to do a 'portrait' before. This was his first one ever, and he tattooed it on a friend of his who is also a tattoo artist. They were both happy with it, especially for a first attempt, and wanted that oval/cropped kind of effect. I said I thought not seeing as much of the hair made it harder to see a good resemblance and that I wasn't sure how the shading could have been different, but that as it stood, he looks kinda like a white guy in his tattooed form... lol. (and you're right, now that you mention it, I think the face IS too thin). But anyway, my husband wanted me to post the picture and see if anyone found him recognizable.

I will tell him better luck next time lol.

Yeah, I agree with those things for the most part! I said it was cropped too tightly too (that was the effect they wanted, but then some things that would have made it more apparent as to who it was were lost in the translation so to speak, such as the hair, and the glasses looking weird).

Ah, well!

My husband is a tattoo artist and a good one but he's NEVER attempted to do a 'portrait' before. This was his first one ever, and he tattooed it on a friend of his who is also a tattoo artist. They were both happy with it, especially for a first attempt, and wanted that oval/cropped kind of effect. I said I thought not seeing as much of the hair made it harder to see a good resemblance and that I wasn't sure how the shading could have been different, but that as it stood, he looks kinda like a white guy in his tattooed form... lol. (and you're right, now that you mention it, I think the face IS too thin). But anyway, my husband wanted me to post the picture and see if anyone found him recognizable.

I will tell him better luck next time lol.

Yeah, I assumed it was a white guy, but I guess that was a needed choice in order to make out the tattoos of the tattoos :confused:.

I'll tell you what though - for a first-time portrait, the work itself seems great. I think the image used is the problem.

Please explain, I'm confused. Did your dh get a tat of Lil Wayne?

Oy! No! :lol:

No, he gave a tat of Lil' Wayne. Her dh is a tattoo artist.

Yes, this. LOL. Thank you.

Yeah, I assumed it was a white guy, but I guess that was a needed choice in order to make out the tattoos of the tattoos :confused:.

I'll tell you what though - for a first-time portrait, the work itself seems great. I think the image used is the problem.

He will be very happy that someone said that lol. :)

No, he gave a tat of Lil' Wayne. Her dh is a tattoo artist.

But the OP wasn't the recipient of this tattoo, right?

Maybe I'm really old (45) and really clueless about tattoos, but why would someone want a tattoo of someone who was just in jail and has a bunch of tattoos himself? Because he is a famous rapper? I guess most I have seen are pictures of things (rose, star, skull, etc.) or words (loved one, statement, etc.) but I never thought about someone getting a tattoo of a picture of someone outside their family. I guess I can learn things about tattoos on a homeschooling board.

Maybe I'm really old (45) and really clueless about tattoos, but why would someone want a tattoo of someone who was just in jail and has a bunch of tattoos himself? Because he is a famous rapper? I guess most I have seen are pictures of things (rose, star, skull, etc.) or words (loved one, statement, etc.) but I never thought about someone getting a tattoo of a picture of someone outside their family. I guess I can learn things about tattoos on a homeschooling board.

Nance - I'll let you explain why your leg probably isn't so hairy and so masculine looking:lol:

but why would someone want a tattoo of someone who was just in jail and has a bunch of tattoos himself? Because he is a famous rapper?

You are not alone in this one.

The likeness is actually very good, it looks just like a thug. Which thug I did not know and I had to google Little Wayne to find out who he was but it spot on if one wanted a "bottom feeder" on his arm.

Actually the artist was quite good. I am no fan of tattoos but do recognize that there is great skill required to produce them, and the one depicted demonstrated that.

Cough...Choke...Sputter! :lol: Er, NO!

I couldn't say! I have definitely seen and heard of some mighty odd tattoo choices over the years, for sure, but to each his own, right?

Nance - I'll let you explain why your leg probably isn't so hairy and so masculine looking:lol:

ROFL :lol: ...listen, it's true that sometimes I get a LITTLE bit lazy about how often I shave my legs...but they're never THAT bad!!! :lol:

You are not alone in this one.

The likeness is actually very good, it looks just like a thug. Which thug I did not know and I had to google Little Wayne to find out who he was but it spot on if one wanted a "bottom feeder" on his arm.

Actually the artist was quite good. I am no fan of tattoos but do recognize that there is great skill required to produce them, and the one depicted demonstrated that.

:)

I've never even heard of Lil Wayne until reading this thread and googling to find out who it was. Then I read the online news and there he was watching a ball game. The things you learn on this forum are amazing. :lol:

Like the PP I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I think your husband does beautiful work - he's a great artist!

Oooh - I almost forgot - may I ask about your avatar? : )

I've never even heard of Lil Wayne until reading this thread and googling to find out who it was. Then I read the online news and there he was watching a ball game. The things you learn on this forum are amazing. :lol:

Like the PP I'm not a fan of tattoos' date=' but I think your husband does beautiful work - he's a great artist!

Oooh - I almost forgot - may I ask about your avatar? : )[/quote']

That's funny...he'll probably pop up everywhere now. You'll become, like, a Lil Wayne expert. hehe.

And my husband is appreciative of the compliment on his work!

My avatar is a face painting he did for me for Halloween. It's a cherry blossom tree face painting, and we put some fake flowers in my hair. I'll attach a picture of it so you can see it bigger/closer up :)

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
That's funny...he'll probably pop up everywhere now. You'll become, like, a Lil Wayne expert. hehe.

And my husband is appreciative of the compliment on his work!

My avatar is a face painting he did for me for Halloween. It's a cherry blossom tree face painting, and we put some fake flowers in my hair. I'll attach a picture of it so you can see it bigger/closer up :)

That's very pretty!!! Until I saw it larger I thought it was a Picasso inspired face painting (which I thought was cool).

:iagree: