Menu

Play along! List 5 random things....

Since I can see parts of 3 rooms, the entryway/stairs....there is A LOT that I can see, so I will only say things that I can touch from where I am.

A Blue Moon Beer

A pizza bone (the crust from a slice of pizza) --I just ate dinner and haven't put it away yet.

My cell

DD11s orange sweat shirt

DD4s sippy cup of OJ

1: A box of "big" cheezits sitting on the entryway ledge

2: pile of clean laundry in the middle of the entryway

3: vacuum cleaner on it's side on the living room floor where someone knocked it over

4: Oldest dd's Calc 2 book from cc on the loveseat

5: bag of "pennysticks" pretzels from the $ store on the floor right next to me

mmm can anyone tell my house is not exactly pristine at the moment?

• A used up box of plastic wrap on my desk. No idea why. I guess I better take 2 more steps and put it in the trash. *sigh*
  • My shopping list, pen and bunch of cookbooks - I'm meal planning.
  • Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants on the counter, puffing up for tomorrow breakfast.
  • Bunch of apples under the kitchen table. The Boy's figured out how to open the fridge and been using apples for bowling, I guess. :glare:
  • A letter of appreciation from one of my husband's costumers. :001_smile:

1. One of the girls' Christmas aprons that I need to wash, but it has glitter on it, so I'm afraid to touch it!

2. Two mini Sharpies

3. An empty box of Zantac

4. My "Mommy needs sleep... but she'll settle for coffee" mug from Our Name is Mud (Love that place! Google it if you like fun mugs and whatnots)

5. A Folders container repurposed as AA battery storage.

Guest mrsjamiesouth
:lol: That one made me laugh. My bras tend to end up in odd places, too. If you ever go into my bedroom and look on my bookcase which is next to my bed, you're bound to find a bra or two on it somewhere.

My oldest son has started to get weird about it. Today he yelled for me to come and when I ran in, he said, "What is that!?" :lol::lol: I just take it off whenever I am done and hang it somewhere. I tell him to get over it.

1) 3 super fat sharpie pens leftover from moving

2) My husband's 2 foot tall faux-bronze minuteman statue

3) one of those posable wooden mannequin people used in art class to learn body-geometry

4) A Snow & Graham CD-box paper-card calendar still set on September (but I just changed it LOL)

5) A picture of the twirling girlies taped to the upper-cabinet portion of our office desk. They are so tiny, and PDG is wearing a skirt that is now too short for LLL, but LLL wears it anyway.

Does lying down count? :tongue_smilie:

Here's what I can see in my semi-darkened room:

1. Decorative elephant (1 1/2 ft high and across) high up on the shelf

2. My decorated belly cast from when I was pregnant with dd. I love looking at it. We keep it in our bedroom as it's a cast of my breasts as well :)

3. A short ladder dh forgot to put away

4. Environmentally friendly and pet and child safe bug killer spray fogger on the window sill

5. A picture of me in my communion dress at nine years old on a mounted shelf next to our bed (among a collection of other pictures, but I can see that one best right now - white dress).

1. Standard poodle laying on the love seat (is that 2?)

2. A pile of dolls that are in the living room because we have listed them on Craigslist.

3. A large potted fern

4. The cutting board, folded, but still standing waiting to be put away after Halloween costume sewing.

5. My dd with her laptop on the other end of the couch :D

1. The Russets and Golds of my Maple and Birch trees in my backyard, with more leaves carpeting the lawn below them, and the porcelain red berries of a cherry tree.... The morning sun is shining on them so the colors are particularly nice....

2. Our orange tabby with the golden eyes, lying in my husband's recliner (which was his father's before and has been recovered a million times - it's due for another trip to the shop....)

3. The flat screen TV (we finally came into the 21st century last Christmas) with the Saturday morning financial news shows playing....

4. My cup of morning tea (echinacea - getting ready to get a second cup....)

5. Baskets - I have a large number of old baskets of various styles and origins that are found mostly in my den and kitchen areas.... I'm focusing right now in particular on three small market or egg baskets that are only large enough to hold from about 3-8 eggs or an equal amount of other stuff.... think of them as mini-purses....

1. A print of 'Charles Wyndham as David Garrick,' hanging slightly askew. Gotta fix that.

2. Dh's copy of Riddley Walker, by Russell Hoban. Who knew the author of the 'Frances' books also wrote post-apocalyptic fiction?

3. A San Damiano crucifix above our bed.

4. An overweight and very fuzzy cat.

5. A list of four things that I can see right now. Whoops, five.

1. The Empire State Building - my lovely view!

2. McDonalds/Popeyes/Wendys signs - my icky view!

3. A pumpkin scented candle

4. Paint sample strip - tate olive, louisburg green, saybrook sage. I actually went with a different shade - tea light - but I am holding on to this one as I might use one in a different room.

5. A 5-hour energy sample bottle that I am too afraid to try!

1. A ceramic pumpkin filled with pumpkin seeds.

2. The tv, because my husband left the cabinet open... again.

3. A picture of my kids that I love.

4. Lots of trees outside the window I'm sitting next to.

5. The big clock on the wall, which tells me I need to get up and get going. ;)

1. a Winnie-the-Pooh pencil cup

2. a set of drill bits from when my husband rather creatively fixed my computer 2 weeks ago. Yeah...he's not so good at putting things away.

3. full sets of both the Harry Potter and Little House books

4. a map of the world

5. a "well-loved" toy dragon that belongs to our puppy

1. The cat, sleeping peacefully (and looking sooo cute) because the dc are elsewhere.

2. A birds nest in a big baggie (I'm wondering how long I have to keep it) sitting on our nature table.

3. My birthday balloons, from 2 weeks ago.

4. A clay jack o lantern pot that still needs to be painted.

5. A biiig pile of who-knows-what kind of mess, covering half of my desk.

1. Open boxes full of stuff waiting to be put away.

2. Pile of curtains waiting to be hemmed and curtain rods to be installed so they can be hung.

3. Plants sitting on the wood stove waiting for homes.

4. A clock waiting to be hung.

5. Ladder resting against the hall wall.

1. A large pink stuffed unicorn that my daughter rides and flops on in the floor.

2. A collection of toys (puzzles, Mr. Potato Heads, books, and a white board with pens)

3. The first quilt I made when I was 16.

4. A dark gray cat curled up in a dark green chair asleep. It took me a minute to see her - camouflaged.

5. The basket of laundry I should be folding instead of surfing the 'net.

1. The Maker's Diet book that I started and got 3 weeks through and then quit.

2. Dried lavender from a friend's garden

3. the remote tower to the Rhoomba

4. Who should we then read by Jan Bloom (vol 1 and 2, but I'm counting as one thing ;))

5. A carved elephant which my husband just brought back from India that I have no idea where to put.