Menu

Oh, yeah - I'm officially old enough that I wear bi-focals.

You have my deepest sympathy and empathy. I turned 44yo 2 weeks ago, went in for my eye doctor's appt a week later, and just picked up my new "reading glasses" yesterday. Such a bummer. :glare:

I opted out of the bi-focal choice because I heard they can literally drive you crazy. That, and my vanity just wouldn't let me do it.

I opted out of the bi-focal choice because I heard they can literally drive you crazy. That, and my vanity just wouldn't let me do it.

Me too, I opted out. I can read fine without them and since I don't care how well I see the TV or anything else not close up at home, I almost never wear them while in the house. Pretty much they've become driving glasses for me. :tongue_smilie:

Since I have been wearing bifocals since I was 3 (that is not a typo and I still have the emotional scars of being told I was too young for bifocals. Back in the day bifocals were very obvious.) I am going to say you must be very young.

I was 10 when I had mine and yes, kids were horrible about my glasses.....I HAD to go to contacts by 14 to slow down the eye deterioration.....I am happy to say I have only had to increase my prescription 3 times since I was 14 yrs old! Although hubby had to go to bifocals this year and he says they are a pain.....I just smile....he doesn't know pain! :)

I had bifocals at about 8. Then about 13 I had regular glasses and 17 contact lenses. Now in my 40s I'm back to bifocals. When the technician started to tell me how to look at them, I had to stop them and say. I wore them about 5 years as a kid, I know all about how to look through bifocals.

I almost ended up with bi-focals this year. I will be 43 in a few days. My eye dr instead, gave me a new script for my contact lenses that helps with my reading and distance. And for my glasses, I was able to keep the same prescription because I only read with them, and not drive.

But they are coming, it is inevitable.

:grouphug: