Menu

Starting Prima Latina next week ... any fun enrichments??

Aludlam

My kids loved doing "Action Latin." We would just do things like:

*mom calls out words; sit if it's a noun, stand if it's a verb

*the kids toss a ball back and forth, giving the definition of word each time; if they don't know the definition, they 'run a lap' around the yard

*jump rope or toss the ball as they do chants

Huh, I need to start that again! They can always use the exercise :D.

Have have Prima Latina and will work on it next year. This year my oldest is doing Rosetta Stone Italian, but one thing I do is make a bingo game with the pictures of what we're learning. In the case of Latin, I would make a game board with pictures of a road, toga, moon, god, and walking. Then call out the Latin phrases such as

via

ambulo

deus

toga

luna

then he would put a counter on that spot until he got 4 in a row. Once he "won" he got a small treat, while learning his language at the same time. I do this with his Italian, but of course it can be done with any language.

Hope that helps! Have fun!

Have have Prima Latina and will work on it next year. This year my oldest is doing Rosetta Stone Italian, but one thing I do is make a bingo game with the pictures of what we're learning. In the case of Latin, I would make a game board with pictures of a road, toga, moon, god, and walking. Then call out the Latin phrases such as

via

ambulo

deus

toga

luna

then he would put a counter on that spot until he got 4 in a row. Once he "won" he got a small treat, while learning his language at the same time. I do this with his Italian, but of course it can be done with any language.

Hope that helps! Have fun!

How is the Rosetta Stone working for you?

It's working quite well, we just have to take the lessons slower and repeat some with lots of games and worksheets made by me for review. Since he's young, and Rosetta Stone is most likely not meant for his age range, we really drag out the lessons and drill, but we're making it work. I really like it!