Menu

Busy schedules and "getting it all done"...

stephanie

This is our 7th year of home schooling, and our lives have never been so busy. We made such a good start in August and over the past few weeks things have seem to come up. In the past we've always been very regimented in regard to our schooling, and now that things have been interrupting school I'm stressed. I'm just wondering what it is that makes you feel better when life is crazy and school doesn't get done some days? There are emergency dental appts., Dr. visits, sprained feet....you name it. On top of that, I will be going out of town for 10 days next week. I had already planned to be off for those 10 days, but now that we've been so busy I'm concerned. I know the kids are good. They seem to still be speaking correctly and able to recognize numbers.:tongue_smilie: I just need someone to tell me that there are times like this! We've never had a year that seemed to have so many interruptions.

SO......give me some wisdom on this, please!!:D

No particular wisdom, but I'm just thinking if you have 10 day weeks, no wonder your life is hectic.:) Mine are just seven ;) .....I think. At any rate, yes there definitely seem to be times like that, but in general I think hsers are ahead of the game, so a little time like that should be okay. Try to give yourself a mental break. I think I just make things worse when I start freaking out over what's not getting done.

:grouphug:

This week has been that way for me. We took a break 2 weeks ago and were NOT supposed to be off this week! We've hardly done a thing and I started to stress about it. Then I decided just not to. It is what it is. Things come up and one of the things about homeschooling is we have to go with the flow sometimes. I think there are good life lessons in that too (although I've had to convince myself of that before I wrote it here!). ;)

You'll get back on track! Enjoy your 10 days! :D

I try not to let school get in the way of life!

In fact that is a big reason why we homeschool ;)

(Whose plans this month already involve missing a few days this week to go see my FIL, and a week at Thanksgiving to go see everyone else, and I have got to get some deep cleaning done....)