Menu

anyone Pass the Pigs?

It's actually a fun game--quick and easy. And we didn't even get into all the oinking and snorting that really makes the game a hoot. If your family enjoys being goofy--squealing like a pig while someone else throws pig-dice--then I think you'll like this game.

Cinder

We love Pass the Pigs! Even my 4 yr. Old can participate. He can roll the pigs and we add up his points. When it is your turn you can roll as many times as you like, yet each time you risk losing the points you have racked up. Not boring at all! What a good idea to carry it in your purse.

We had to replace our set because the little trotters got so blunted the pigs wouldn't stand up.

Some of the discussions about whether the pigs are actually touching (if the pigs touch each other, the player loses all his points) have been hilarious, complete with near-impossible contortions as we try to see if there's any space between pigs.

I like it, and it doesn't make my brain hurt (*glares at Set*).

We had to replace our set because the little trotters got so blunted the pigs wouldn't stand up.

Some of the discussions about whether the pigs are actually touching (if the pigs touch each other, the player loses all his points) have been hilarious, complete with near-impossible contortions as we try to see if there's any space between pigs.

I like it, and it doesn't make my brain hurt (*glares at Set*).

Set gives me a headache (and it's humiliating when the 8 yo beats me.:glare:)

We have also had to replace worn out pigs a few times. We keep one in each glove box, so that we can play when we go to restaurants and wait for food. :D We also keep LCR (another mindless game :)) handy for times like that.

... We have also had to replace worn out pigs a few times. We keep one in each glove box, so that we can play when we go to restaurants and wait for food. :D We also keep LCR (another mindless game :)) handy for times like that.

I remember playing this game with friends many years ago - haven't thought of it for my kids - thanks!

We own LCR, and I carry that in my purse. My parents recently went on a cruise, and a couple at their table brought it with them, and they all enjoyed it, too!

I've never heard of it, but we have long played "Pig-mania" where you roll little plastic pigs.

I googled for this one. Apparently, that is the old name for Pass the Pigs. I learned to play it in high school, and I always thought it had a different name!

In my search, I found some suggestions for using Pass the Pigs to teach probability. :001_smile: My kiddos already hate to play Yahtzee and Farkle with me, because I make them into probability lessons; just wait until they see this! :D