Menu

Can we talk about the Fed QE2?

I wish I knew more about the Fed, this seems crazy to me. To lower the dollar to prop the stock market up and lower interest rates just encourages another bubble right? Plus, imports will be more expensive,gas,and I read groceries too.

I'm very worried about this and I'm NO conspiracy theorist... What are your thoughts?

I think it stinks. I think that after it happens consumer prices will go way up. I think my grocery, clothing and gas bills are going to take another big hit. I think my out-of-the country travel plans are going to get a lot more expensive.

And I think it's near criminal that most of the American public seems to have no idea what's about to hit them.

Edited by AuntieM

I will admit I am completely clueless when it comes to economics, except for the obvious. Most of the things the Fed does seem kinda like voodoo magic to me. This in particular just seems strange, but I don't have a Ph.D. in economics from some Ivy League school, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about;).

Anyway, can someone recommend a good, non-partisan source where one could find out more about the Fed, preferably something like "The Fed for Idiots?"

I will admit I am completely clueless when it comes to economics, except for the obvious. Most of the things the Fed does seem kinda like voodoo magic to me. This in particular just seems strange, but I don't have a Ph.D. in economics from some Ivy League school, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about;).

Anyway, can someone recommend a good, non-partisan source where one could find out more about the Fed, preferably something like "The Fed for Idiots?"

Read The Creature from Jekyll Island. Got my copy years ago from amazon.

also this: http://www.federalreserve.gov/

Sad that the concept of centralized banking was one that was hotly debated by an informed populace, at one time (read newspapers from Andrew Jackson's era and just before the turn of the 20th century). Since the Federal Reserve was created, we all sort of accept it now, to our own peril.