Menu

Favorite learning games?

Superfly

We are starting to think about Christmas. We will be going mostly educational, so I'm wondering what are some of your absolute favorites for ages 5-7? Some of subjects that need more attention at our house are life science, bible, ancient history, and math. I was also thinking of introducing DD to some type of strategy game. She doesn't "get" chess quite yet, but I'd like to find her something similar yet simpler. TIA!

Do you have a Lakeshore Learning Store near you? If so, the human body game that comes with a three dimensional human body "trunk" has been an all time favorite of both of my children (6,9yo) for a few years. The organs can be removed and it also comes with question cards about the organs and body systems. I think it's around $40, but they've used it so much it has been worth the cost.

HTH,

Val

No Stress Chess (great for beginners)

:iagree:My younger one learned at 6 and quickly moved up to "regular" play.

Camp is great for life science and perfect for those ages

Carcassonne is for 8 and up, but is a great introduction to strategy games. It's probably the game we play most around here.

Quirkle is also good for patterns/sequence recognition. So is Set.

Thanks for the great suggestions!

Do you have a Lakeshore Learning Store near you? If so, the human body game that comes with a three dimensional human body "trunk" has been an all time favorite of both of my children (6,9yo) for a few years. The organs can be removed and it also comes with question cards about the organs and body systems. I think it's around $40, but they've used it so much it has been worth the cost.

HTH,

Val

This would be great! We are doing a unit on the Human body this semester. We already have large model that my girls love. I think adding questions to the mix would be great. I'm going to see if Rainbow Resources has this one since they tend to be WAY cheaper.