Menu

fovorite counter/quick service meals at Disney parks ?

we have the free dining plan and I have made all of our reservations for table service (San Angel Inn, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tusker House, Coral Reef and Narcoossee's and Citrico's and Grand Floridian Cafe, the last 3 at the Grand Floridian ). I need suggestions for our counter quick service meals, mostly for in the parks. Thanks

I'm there right now! And have been for the past week. We vacation here several times a year. For lunch today I had an awesome pulled pork BBQ sandwich from Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom. Another place that I like in MK is the Columbia Harbor house. Their fish and chips is good.

At Animal Kingdom we always seem to find ourselves at Flame Tree BBQ.

My favorite table service meals this time have been the Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon.

We don't really have a fave counter service at Hollywood Studios or Epcot.

We don't do very many counter service places, but The Land at Epcot is my favorite for quicker meals. They have lots of things to choose from and it's all pretty good.

The snack bar at the Grand Floridian is okay, too, and we usually hit that for a snack late at night after being in the parks. It's open 24 hours. We've never done the dining plan, though, so I don't know how that works.

I'm not sure which hotel you ended up choosing, but we stayed at the Grand Floridian last month, I checked for bed bugs---There weren't any!!;)

I'm counting on that still being the case when we arrive there again next week... I'll report back...

MK: Cosmic Rays and Pecos Bill

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons in The Land; everyone has their own favorite cs in World Showcase

Since Tusker House became a ts a few years back, we haven't found a counterservice at AK that we like (and where dd15 can eat with her allergies). We don't eat cs in the Studios anymore since joining DVC---we eat ts lunches in the Studios and in-villa dinners on those days.

Animal Kingdom--Flame Tree Barbecue

Magic Kingdom--Columbia House

Epcot--somewhere in the world showcase. Our overall favorite is the CS in France, but we usually eat several meals at Epcot (it's our favorite park) and sometimes we'll pick up a dish or two from several different countries during one meal.

Studios--this is our least favorite park (although it has some of our favorite rides), and we usually don't eat there. Go in the morning, hit the good rides, leave for lunch and don't come back.

We'll be checking in on the 28th - only 24 days to go!!! Woo-hoo!

Favorite CS in MK - Cosmic Ray's. Also really like Columbia House, and Pecos Bill's has pretty yummy burgers with a toppings bar.

In EPCOT, we always eat at The Land. There are so many choices, and the food is always good.

Animal Kingdom's CS places don't thrill me, but I do like the Caesar Salad at the Pizza place. Flame Tree is good.

Hollywood Studios - again, no place that stands out, but the food is always decent wherever you go.

Veronica

Do they really?? How do they rate? Good, or just eh, at least it's veggie?

Well, it's been a bit since I've been there, but I'm thinking it's the 'at least it's veggie' category, lol. The nice thing is that you can add all your other stuff at the condiment bar (tomato, lettuce, grilled onions, etc...), so you can really pile up the veggies on it too.

We'll be checking in on the 28th - only 24 days to go!!! Woo-hoo!

Favorite CS in MK - Cosmic Ray's. Also really like Columbia House, and Pecos Bill's has pretty yummy burgers with a toppings bar.

In EPCOT, we always eat at The Land. There are so many choices, and the food is always good.

Animal Kingdom's CS places don't thrill me, but I do like the Caesar Salad at the Pizza place. Flame Tree is good.

Hollywood Studios - again, no place that stands out, but the food is always decent wherever you go.

Veronica

We fly out on the 28th as well!

I can't wait to eat at Cosmic Ray's, it sounds sooo good!!!!

We fly out on the 28th as well!

I can't wait to eat at Cosmic Ray's, it sounds sooo good!!!!

Cool! What resort are you staying at? We'll be at the All-Star Music; since the "baby" just turned 2, we can still have a room there for the 5 of us(infants are "free").

We upgraded our dining plan, since I LOVE the TS places! We have reservations for Biergarten, Kona Cafe, Hollywood & Vine, Akershus (Princess dining!), Crystal Palace, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and 1900 Park Fare. Gosh, just the food alone is worth going for!

Cool! What resort are you staying at? We'll be at the All-Star Music; since the "baby" just turned 2, we can still have a room there for the 5 of us(infants are "free").

We upgraded our dining plan, since I LOVE the TS places! We have reservations for Biergarten, Kona Cafe, Hollywood & Vine, Akershus (Princess dining!), Crystal Palace, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and 1900 Park Fare. Gosh, just the food alone is worth going for!

We will be at All-Star Movies!

When are you eating at Beirgarten and Crystal Palace?

Are you doing the Christmas Party? We can't wait for that! J turns 7 on the 29th, so that day is FULL, then the Christmas Party and on our last full day there is extended magic hours for MK that evening. We will be one of the last to leave MK that night :)

I tried to get DH to eat at Boma and Kona, but he wanted to do more character meals and isn't too keen on trying different foods when we are on vacation. He did that once, and um, it didn't work out too well.

We will be at All-Star Movies!

When are you eating at Beirgarten and Crystal Palace?

Are you doing the Christmas Party? We can't wait for that! J turns 7 on the 29th, so that day is FULL, then the Christmas Party and on our last full day there is extended magic hours for MK that evening. We will be one of the last to leave MK that night :)

I tried to get DH to eat at Boma and Kona, but he wanted to do more character meals and isn't too keen on trying different foods when we are on vacation. He did that once, and um, it didn't work out too well.

Hey, we'll be "neighbors"!

We'll be at the Biergarten for dinner on the 28th, and for lunch at the Crystal Palace on Saturday, the 4th.

I think you got some great restaurant reservations - you must have booked early! We decided to go kind of at the last minute, but still, I think we did very well! I've been dying to try Boma (DH is a little wary of different foods too), and we went to Kona 2 yrs ago, and it was delicious!

We won't be doing the Christmas Party this time around :-( It was completely booked when we made our reservations. Also, Cinderella's Royal Table - we always try to go there, unfortunately, so does everyone else! But I know we're going to have a fantastic time anyway!!! I LOVE Disney at Christmas!

Veronica

I also vote for places in World Showcase at Epcot; my personal favorite is Morocco. I have also enjoyed Columbia Harbor House at Magic Kingdom--their sandwiches and chicken/seafood baskets are a nice change for the usual burgers and pizza. If you do venture to Downtown Disney, Wolfgang Puck Express is a great value for your Quick Service credits, and the food is delicious.