Menu

Which standardized tests an you order and have delivered to your home?

lovetobehome

I am thinking next time we will test at home. We have used Terra Nova through a homeschooling group in the past (3 years for my son, just one yr for my DD). I would love to compare apples to apples and use the same test next time, but just do it at home.

Does anyone know if Terra Nova is available privately to homeschoolers? If not, what tests are?

I haven't heard of the TerraNova being available to individual homeschoolers. The ones most folks use are the Iowa, the Stanford, the California Achievement Test (there are various versions of this one), and the PASS. I've also heard in some places, you can have someone come to your house and administer the Peabody for ~$50.

We have used the ITBS from Brewer Testing Services. I liked the test, but will never use Brewer again. They claim I did not send back the testing booklet and would not release DS's scores until I paid them $25. I did return the test booklet, so I have no idea what went on there.

This is why I sent back our testing materials via UPS Ground. Had the testing company claimed it wasn't received, I could've verified that it was signed for by someone at their end.

We have used the ITBS from Brewer Testing Services. I liked the test, but will never use Brewer again. They claim I did not send back the testing booklet and would not release DS's scores until I paid them $25. I did return the test booklet, so I have no idea what went on there.

That's too bad. I used Brewer last year because the year before my results from BJU took about 8 weeks to get. I had no problems with Brewer, I liked that they emailed me every step of the way, when sending out the tests, when receiving them back and when mailing the results.

They received the envelope. They just claimed the answer sheet is all that was included.

Wasn't the weight of the envelope noted on it? That's where I would get the shipping company involved. A package with all the testing materials is going to weigh a whole heck of a lot more than one with just the answer sheet.