Menu

How did you know your family was complete?

(I always thought if I were rich I'd go adopt some Kenyan orphans, but I've read enough adoption stories on here to have almost completely cured me of that.)

Oh, yes. I had thought briefly a few weeks ago about adopting an older child, but all those threads about RAD children cured me of that idea.

Unfortunately for me, when DH decided he was done and took permanent steps to prevent future pregnancies. Even now, 9 years later, it's still hard to come to terms with.

:grouphug: I think it's always harder when you feel the decision wasn't made unilaterally. Any decision.

I was very surprised when my husband's doctor said I had to COME IN to sign paperwork giving my "permission" for a vasectomy. I had always wondered if the same was required for a woman's desire to take permanent measures. I also wondered if this varied by state, or by doctor's office, or what. I don't know anybody else IRL who has done it, to ask.