Menu

2nd grade ITBS

mom31257

Can someone tell me what type of sections will be on the 2nd grade ITBS? I have never given it to my children, but I will be this year for my ds. I was thinking that subjects such as science, history, and the map skills/reference sections started in 3rd grade. Is that right? If so, is it mostly reading, language arts, and math?

Thanks!

There are science, social studies, and map skills on the 2nd grade ITBS. Here's an excerpt from Wiki-

Test levels 5-8 are administered to students from kindergarten through second grade (K-2). School districts employ the series of tests in primary grades to gain information about classes and students for instructional planning, to supplement teacher observations regarding student abilities, and to establish a basis for subsequent annual evaluation of student progress. Sections for levels 5-8 include: Vocabulary, Word Analysis, Reading Comprehension, Listening, Language, Mathematics, Social Studies (Levels 7 and 8 only), Science (Levels 7 and 8 only), and Sources of Information (Levels 7 and 8).