Menu

Prayers for abdomen answered, more needed

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited and thankful to God. The mass in my abdomen turned out to be a normal lymph node. Yippee!!!! However, they noticed two spots that turned up in my spine. I had a bone scan that was clear but the doctor said that the PET scan is more sensitive. They are setting the bone scan images up right now to compare. Please pray that they find nothing of concern. I've had degenerative changes for ages and I am certain that this is all that is going on. I don't know how PET scans work but that is my hope. If there is a concern then they will want to do a bone biopsy. That sounds even scarier compared to my breast biopsy and I'm not sure if I should consent.

Here in Ann Arbor I met with the team in hopes to get onto a clinical trial that may offer me more assistance in fighting the Triple Negative IBC with the use of a drug called Avastin in conjunction with the regular chemo. However, the doctors told me that I would have more success with participating in a study that works on a parp inhibitor to fight the triple negative aspect. This study is being conducted at the Masonic Cancer Institute in U Minnesota. I've been in contact with the folks there and they are just waiting to hear the news of the PET scan to see if I still qualify. With the way the study is set up they feel I would have a really good chance of getting the PARP. With it being a lymph node I should still be able to participate. Of course if something turns up in my spine then I am out of the study but then there is another study where I could get the PARP on a lottery basis. I would still get the regular chemo treatment but the PARP would be additional non toxic help to make the cancer better respond.

Then the last hurdle would be insurance. We don't think this place is on our participating provider list.

Thank you for your prayers. I can't wait to get back to normal and have time to read and respond to other posts.

My son declared that yesterday was not his birthday. For some reason he was ill. He vomited all over the place and on himself on the way to driving me to the PET scan. My aunt had been here but she had to leave so I had to do the PET without anyone with me. I relied on Jesus. :001_smile:

Thank you God for giving me strength.

Thanks hive friends for all your support.

:grouphug:

Hi Everyone,

I am so excited and thankful to God. The mass in my abdomen turned out to be a normal lymph node. Yippee!!!! However, they noticed two spots that turned up in my spine. I had a bone scan that was clear but the doctor said that the PET scan is more sensitive. They are setting the bone scan images up right now to compare. Please pray that they find nothing of concern. I've had degenerative changes for ages and I am certain that this is all that is going on. I don't know how PET scans work but that is my hope. If there is a concern then they will want to do a bone biopsy. That sounds even scarier compared to my breast biopsy and I'm not sure if I should consent.

Here in Ann Arbor I met with the team in hopes to get onto a clinical trial that may offer me more assistance in fighting the Triple Negative IBC with the use of a drug called Avastin in conjunction with the regular chemo. However, the doctors told me that I would have more success with participating in a study that works on a parp inhibitor to fight the triple negative aspect. This study is being conducted at the Masonic Cancer Institute in U Minnesota. I've been in contact with the folks there and they are just waiting to hear the news of the PET scan to see if I still qualify. With the way the study is set up they feel I would have a really good chance of getting the PARP. With it being a lymph node I should still be able to participate. Of course if something turns up in my spine then I am out of the study but then there is another study where I could get the PARP on a lottery basis. I would still get the regular chemo treatment but the PARP would be additional non toxic help to make the cancer better respond.

Then the last hurdle would be insurance. We don't think this place is on our participating provider list.

Thank you for your prayers. I can't wait to get back to normal and have time to read and respond to other posts.

My son declared that yesterday was not his birthday. For some reason he was ill. He vomited all over the place and on himself on the way to driving me to the PET scan. My aunt had been here but she had to leave so I had to do the PET without anyone with me. I relied on Jesus. :001_smile:

Thank you God for giving me strength.

Thanks hive friends for all your support.

Wonderful News! We will continue to keep you and yours in our prayers. :grouphug:

and will continue to pray for more great news!

Christine, I am praying for you, that God will supply everything, everything!, that you and your family need---every kind of need, for every person in your family--and that He will be glorified as people see Him at work in you.

Father, keep Christine in your secure grip today. May she know that she is loved and that you are tenderly watching over her. Give her family your peace and strength as they walk through this ordeal. Please comfort them and help them to trust in you. Amen.

Hi, Christine -- What great news. We are continuing to hold you and your family up in prayer. G-d will supply all your needs!

My sister had bc five years ago -- during the preliminery testing, there was an odd something showing on her breastbone. We were all concerned (even my sister and she is an M.D.) - turned out to be scar tissue from an auto accident a few years earlier.

You hang in there!:grouphug:

PS - My sister is fine now.:)