Menu

Best way to help DD learn some science

lovetobehome

So my DD bombed the science section of the standardized test. History, too. Neither of these surprised me, and I was so elated at her reading, language and math scores, that I didn't really care. Plus, science and social studies testing is not req'd in my state. But I wondered what would be a good way to help her learn some science. My siggie says we do science, but she isn't doing it. I am starting a CLP science book with her. But what an I assign her in free reading that is educational, interesting, and relevant? I have tons of nature study stuff. But I think some more traditional elementary science topics would be good.

THoughts, anyone? THANKS!

Oh, I forgot about MSB! She doesn't like them, but I will make her do it anyway. I have about 30 of them, DS loved them! THANKS!!! GREAT suggestions!

What about picking the books on topics that interest her to get her interested in them? MSB book has sooo many different science topics to choose from!

ETA: My big girl looooooooves them too! We actually had a birthday party for Ms. Frizzle this morning! LOL