Menu

Plantoeat.com....

Just found this today. Does anyone use it? I signed up for the free 30 day trial and I can't believe how easy it is. I would love reviews. You can import recipes from sites or add your own, drag and drop into a menu planner and prints grocery lists. There's even a way to add your pantry ingredients. Looks amazing. They are also on FB.

Edited by BeckyFL

I have spent ages looking for something like this - it looks great.

However...after using several other meal planner programs, my experience is that I tend not to use them after a while and resort back to pen and paper.

How much is the fee once the free month is up ? I woudlnt want to put all the effort into setting it up unless I was pretty sure I would want to continue with it.

Looks like $39/year or $4.95. Not too bad. I've been experimenting with putting recipes in and it make it so fast and easy. I realized as I was putting them in that my bookmarked recipes are all in one category "recipes" and that I end up not using them all because of that. Of course, that's because I neglected to organize them better, but this does it for me. I'm glad I have 30 days to see if I like it. If I can get all the recipes in quickly, I can see if I'm really going to keep using it. Let me know if you have more thoughts, Peela.

Ok, still playing and I discovered something else. Recipes from Food Network, Allrecipes, etc are instantly imported. Recipes from blogs are not. BUT...I just discovered that there is a "Bulk Import" option that allows you to just cut and paste ingredients and directions and they will be imported into the usual organized format.

I'm anxious to see if anyone thinks the price is worth it on this.

Sooo worth it! I've used it for a couple of years and I love it. It's easy to use and pretty easy to customize for what I want. I don't bother putting all the directions for every recipe in, just the ingredients. I still use my paper recipes in the kitchen when I'm cooking and only use the plan to eat for menu planning and grocery lists. I really love it when I'm planning a big holiday meal - it makes shopping lists a breeze!

Thanks for that input, Nancy. I have been taking my laptop to the kitchen with me, so I will probably do it that way with Plan to Eat too. I've been planning ahead a bit, but usually just a few days to a week ahead. I had been thinking that it would save me money to plan a month in advance (especially for my monthly commissary trips, but it seemed a little overwhelming. This may make it doable and save me $ in the long run. At least that is my hope. Do you use the pantry feature as well?

I am friends with the creators of Plan to Eat. :) Glad to hear some of you are appreciating it!

The concept is wonderful, but I wasn't sure if I'd really use it all the time, so I, like a previous poster, never made the upfront investment of importing recipes.

The recipe sharing feature is a plus. The intuitive layout is well done--so simple and straightforward.

Seems like a fair price, IF you really use it.

You should try the 30 day trial. They make it so easy to import. I'm a bit obsessed with it at this point. Ds happens to be at a bible study today and with another homeschool family and I'm importing all of my bookmarks. I'm going to end up with this great cookbook that's just for me. Can't wait to get to the point that I can start dragging and dropping into the menu calendar.

Just gotta jump in here and say I'm such a dunce. I looked at the plantoeat.com and thought it read "plant o eat."

I thought it was some kind of vegetarian thing. I'm such a idiot.:lol:

I looked at it that way two once or twice in my own thread! Plant is the word you see first, I guess. :D