Menu

season transitioning?

Is anyone else having trouble transitioning seasons? I really think it is our weather. It is 75 degrees at 9:00am today! Thanksgiving is just 3 weeks away and I'm wearing light pink shorts and tshirts! It is too hot for anything but spring and summer wear. Dc reminded me last night that they need Christmas outfits for music and dance recitals that are coming up plus various church functions. I thought, "Christmas? That is so far away!". Actually no, the events kick off right after Thanksgiving........:ohmy: in 3 weeks!!!!

Usually by now, my shopping is well underway, the cards purchased, food menus set, lists made, etc. Not this year!!!! Anyone else feel behind on the holidays?

We're having warm weather too & it's really messing me up. Fall is my favorite time of year, but this year it doesn't feel like fall much at all, so I'm not into it like I would normally be. That's a bummer because I had such plans and they've largely been forgotten.

I haven't thought about Thanksgiving yet either and cannot believe that Christmas is nearly right around the corner! I hope we get some cold weather soon.

The week before last was hot.

Last week, we woke up and wore warm shirts and jeans only to be sweating by afternoon.

This week, we're bundling up, because it is COLD!

I'm way behind in my Christmas stuff, but not because of the wonky weather. It's the whole can't afford anything problem. All the same, I wish the weather would straighten out already!

I am glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit behind on the holiday thing. I do agree it is more than weather. Dh did get another job, but it is a pretty big pay cut from the one he had, and he continues to interview. So, the budget cuts and the constant uncertainty about moving has kept my focus off the holidays more than usual.

Fall and spring are usually hard for me because we get the wild temp swings. One day it's 70, the next it's 24. Saturday I bundled us all up to go rake the leaves, I got outside and it was warm enough to go in a tshirt. This morning it was 24 and we were wearing our hats and mittens and winter jackets. Back and forth between tshirts and winter gear.

Oh yeah! I'm having trouble....trouble in the attitude department. I love the autumn colors and high winds for the last two weeks have stripped the trees bare. It's gotten cold, very cold...22 degrees in the barn the other morning and some radio station was playing CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

So, I am not transitioning well.

Faith