Menu

The Flu has arrived.

Just a heads up that there is a prolific stomach bug going around this year. It is pretty much a 12-24 hour bug, with lots of vomiting. Then just as soon as it comes....it goes. It doesn't have the fever/body aches/chills of the flu.

It is very contagious and people tend to get it more than once.

While it isn't a fun bug to have, it is much much better than the flu!

It hope it is this instead of the traditional flu. :)

Just a heads up that there is a prolific stomach bug going around this year. It is pretty much a 12-24 hour bug, with lots of vomiting. Then just as soon as it comes....it goes. It doesn't have the fever/body aches/chills of the flu.

It is very contagious and people tend to get it more than once.

While it isn't a fun bug to have, it is much much better than the flu!

It hope it is this instead of the traditional flu. :)

groan. I am hopeful you're wrong. But its good to know and be prepared,

I think the tummy bug has hit here. Not to be too graphic but we've got one case of vomitting and two cases of that "other" tummy trouble. :glare: DH and I both got home from a Halloween party at a friends house last night and were racing for seperate bathrooms. Then tonight my step-daughter started throwing up so I guess we can rule out that it's something we ate. My DH has had it the worst - I at least made it to work today but he's been in bed almost all day. I'm really hoping it's only a 24 hour bug!

Yep, I'm up late with a sick one tonight, too. :glare: My 8yo woke up this morning with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and her eye was aching. Okay, sinuses or a cold, I can deal with that. Got her some Echinacea tea, Zicam drops... tried to do a math lesson, but she just wasn't "there". By 2 p.m. she was asleep on the couch with a fever, and slept away most of the afternoon and night... except for when she had to throw up. :rolleyes:

She's STILL asleep on the couch, and I'm camping out in the recliner tonight. I should get some shut-eye in case she wakes up needing me after while.

We've got it here, too. I was up most of the night with two kids throwing up. It was a bit tense at times, bouncing from one room to the other to hold the 'puke bucket.' There has been no action since 4 this morning so I am hoping that we are 'safe.'

ugh, what a night.

It is nice that they're all happily flacked out watching TV right now. Hopefully those that chose to eat bfast will keep it down.

ugh.