Menu

Which of these green veggies do you personally like?

Which of these green veggies do you personally like?  

1. 1. Which of these green veggies do you personally like?

• green beans
    • broccoli
    • cabbage
    • zucchini
    • spinach
    • brussels sprouts
    • asparagus
    • peas
    • kale, collard, or other greens
    • Anything else I forgot...

The only one on the list I don't like is cabbage. :ack2: I have had it a few times where I liked it fine, but I can't figure out how to make it even half decent. :bigear:

I love to stir fry cabbage in a little sesame oil along with onions, celery, carrots, and red/orange/yellow peppers. At the last few minutes I add a splash of soy sauce. It's really good.

I love them all except brussel sprouts which I've never tasted. Well, I say I "like" kale. I've never tasted it cooked. We just add it to our smoothies every morn. I've never had broccoli rabe or chard either. I cannot eat celery. The stringiness just grosses me out. (shudders) I *love* fried okra! We love green veggies here! Well, my youngest doesn't love them as much as the rest of us. We're winning him over bit by bit. :tongue_smilie:

I love them and eat them all.

for brussel sprouts, when I buy them fresh I break apart all of the leaves and saute them with evoo, garlic and lemon, YUM! When they're frozen (and I think much sweeter) I brown some garlic, onion, and bacon and saute them till just warm in that.

We eat veggies like that all the time.

Poor kale.. It's not doing too good in the poll. :001_smile:

I have a great recipe to share. My mom's friends from Sri Lanka make it, (works with S. Indian too), (maybe all Indian food?).

Take each leaf remove bottom stem, and quickly slice down the middle to remove some of the stem (in the leaf part), roll and slice very thinly. Set aside. Chop a little onion. Lightly saute onion and mustard seed, when transparent add kale. Stir and toss, add a handful of shredded coconut (sweet or unsweetened, kids like sweet ;)), add a little salt, cook till tender.

:drool5:

I like them all except peas and greens. Spinach is great sautéed with garlic, red bell pepper, chicken, corn, and piled atop rice. I also like it in smoothies. We've recently discovered that we all like Brussel sprouts - dh will steam them with lemon pepper and serve them that way. Then tonight, he decided to try them dipped in mayo (Bestfood's/Hellman's only :lol: ), and they tasted good like that! Not on the list that we all love are artichokes - we even grow them.

I like most of them, but I also wouldn't opt for any of them on their own. We cook with lots of spices, sauces (home-made, not bottled), oil etc. So I wouldn't opt for steamed cabbage, no, but in a stirfry with a good satay sauce? Hmmmmm! Steamed aspargus? Probably not, but fried with butter and garlic? Yum!

Lima beans are my other. The only one I didn't pick was kale. Greens other than spinach do a number on my digestive tract.

oh Ack. Gag. How could I forget limas? But maybe they count as a legume instead of a green vege? There are very few things that I could not get down, but limas come close.

Okay, honestly I've never met a green vegetable (or any vegetable) that I didn't like.

:iagree:

ALL!!! I could live on veggies if someone else would be willing to cut them up and prepare them for me every day!!! As it is, we eat a TON.

This past week while grocery shopping my little dd snuck red peppers and brussel sprouts into our cart. I didn't notice until we were checking out. I pretended to be upset and asked her why she did that. She said, "Because they're my favorite foods!!!" Gotta love that kid!!!

Seriously though - I have to hide the brussel sprouts. My kids will eat them raw - right off the stalk!!!

LOL We were at the Green Grocers a few weeks ago, DD got really excited when she saw brussels sprouts "Look Mum, our favourite!"

ALL!!! I could live on veggies if someone else would be willing to cut them up and prepare them for me every day!!! As it is, we eat a TON.

I feel the same way. If only someone would get them from my garden, clean them, cut them up, and prepare them I would eat a lot more.

I love veggies, so does my dh and my oldest dd. The rest of the kids are not as fond of veggies, but they do eat more than most kids, just don't serve them squash.

We currently have 2 baskets of peppers sitting on my counter. So far, I cut up 2 quarts worth for the freezer. Love the fresh veggies, not as fond of the work.

My dad used to have a vegetable garden so I grew up eating a lot of fresh vegetables. I actually love spinach and broccoli which I know most people hate. I also love lima beans although they are a bit starchy. My next favorite is peas followed by green beans. Love, love, love green bean casserole and broccoli cheese and rice casserole. I will occasionally eat lettuce, but I do not like salad...I tend not to like raw vegetables.

I voted for everything but collards/kale and brussel sprouts. I don't care for cooked greens (spinach I do raw) and I've only had brussel sprouts once and at that time, I didn't like cabbage. I've only just started eating cabbage this year

For other -romaine, green leaf lettuce, most other raw lettuces, celery, green peppers, cucumbers, green onions, and I can tolerate okra if it's in a soup.