Menu

Which of these green veggies do you personally like?

Which of these green veggies do you personally like?  

1. 1. Which of these green veggies do you personally like?

• green beans
    • broccoli
    • cabbage
    • zucchini
    • spinach
    • brussels sprouts
    • asparagus
    • peas
    • kale, collard, or other greens
    • Anything else I forgot...

I like them ALL and...

broccoli rabe

artichokes

bok choy and every other kind of edible cabbage or green leaf on the entire planet from arugula to swiss chard

bell peppers

Okay, honestly I've never met a green vegetable (or any vegetable) that I didn't like.

My favorite veggie in the world is broccoli! I could eat it every single day. Yum!

I like green beans, but for some reason I only like them canned. They are the *only* canned veggie I will eat. (Well, except tomato products! :tongue_smilie:)

Hmmmm, wonder if dh would mind whipping up some colcannon for dinner??? (I am wanting some cabbage now! :lol: )

Edit to add - someone mentioned green bell peppers! Oh yeah!! All bell peppers!!

ALL!!! I could live on veggies if someone else would be willing to cut them up and prepare them for me every day!!! As it is, we eat a TON.

This past week while grocery shopping my little dd snuck red peppers and brussel sprouts into our cart. I didn't notice until we were checking out. I pretended to be upset and asked her why she did that. She said, "Because they're my favorite foods!!!" Gotta love that kid!!!

Seriously though - I have to hide the brussel sprouts. My kids will eat them raw - right off the stalk!!!

I like all of them. However, I don't necessarily like them all cooked any old way.

I like green beans just about any way.

I like broccoli just about any way, but I prefer it raw. I don't like it overcooked.

I like certain cabbages. I like napa cabbage better than some other cabbages. I hate regular green cabbage boiled.

I like zucchini almost any way.

I like raw spinach in salads, I like it cooked in things. I'm not really a fan of cooked spinach on its own.

I like brussels sprouts roasted, not boiled.

I like asparagus roasted or sauteed, not boiled.

I like peas almost any way.

I mainly like other greens sauteed or cooked in things.

Lima beans are my other. The only one I didn't pick was kale. Greens other than spinach do a number on my digestive tract.

Oh, I don't really like lima beans. They are actually one of the few veggies I don't like.

I like them ALL and...

broccoli rabe

artichokes

bok choy and every other kind of edible cabbage or green leaf on the entire planet from arugula to swiss chard

bell peppers

I like all of those. :)

My favorite is brocolli. I love asparagus cooked so it's still crispy with garlic. I never liked zucchini or spinach until my husband starting cooking them for me. Zucchini grilled with a nice marinade, spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil. Yummy.

I like brussel sprouts but I'm the only one in my house who does so I don't get them often.

I like them ALL and...

broccoli rabe

artichokes

bell peppers

Okay, honestly I've never met a green vegetable (or any vegetable) that I didn't like.

:iagree:

The only one I didn't vote that I liked was brussel sprouts because I've never eaten them.

Preparation method matters, though! I don't like them if they've been boiled to mush and they're of course best if they are fresh (though some are ok frozen like peas).

I love steamed asparagus especially and we'll be eating some tonight. My 1-year-old loves it too.

I like them all except brussel sprouts - some more than others, of course.

I do not like anything boiled or steamed to mush. Texture is really important for me. Zucchini has to be stir-fried or roasted. Spinach I love but raw in salads or cooked in things, not as a side-dish. In fact, most vegetables I prefer as part of a dish rather than as a side-dish.

You missed jicama! Mmmmm

I don't think I'd count jicama as a green vegetable, but I do like it! :)

Don't forget cucumbers!

Edamame

My other green veggies that I like are cucumbers, green peppers, Kohlrabi (in the cabbage family), okra, and celery.

I like all of these. :)

I like them ALL and...

broccoli rabe

artichokes

bell peppers

Oh, yeah. Me too. Love the veggies.

I like a lot of the veggies in your list, but many of them I like prepared only one way.

Peas are good boiled with butter and salt added after they are drained.

Zucchini needs to be thinly sliced and sauteed with chopped onion until almost burnt with salt, pepper, and paprika.

Green beans are good sauteed with chopped onion and sliced carrots.

Asparagus needs to be steamed until very tender and then sauteed in heavily salted and peppered melted butter.

Brussels sprouts are okay boiled until tender and then buttered and salted.

My other green veggies that I like are cucumbers, green peppers, Kohlrabi (in the cabbage family), okra, and celery.

Oh, wait a sec. Now that you've mentioned okra I need to point out that I believe okra is a weed not a veggie. So I'll eat all veggies. I'm not fond (blech, choke, sputter, ick) of weeds.

I only don't like kale. I've only had it once, and it could have been the way it was prepared. I could probably handle kale in a smoothie. I do like pretty much any green both cooked and raw - as long as it's not overcooked (as a kid I loved canned spinach, but cannot stomach it now.).

I like them all, except brussel sprouts. But I think I might even like those if they're prepared correctly- I only experienced them overcooked and mushy in childhood. I should find some fresh ones and roast them.

For other, I also like artichokes a lot. And bok choy, but I suppose that falls into the cabbage category.

Edited by Annie Laurie
typo

I like green beans, broccoli, kale and other greens, cabbage, zucchini and asparagus (these last two are my favorites!). I will eat and even enjoy spinach and brussels sprouts, but they would have to either seasoned well or concealed somehow. This is why I left them out.

The only one on the list I don't like is cabbage. :ack2: I have had it a few times where I liked it fine, but I can't figure out how to make it even half decent. :bigear:

There are tons of other green veggies:

chard

okra

green peppers

various greens like dandilion, collards, turnip greens, etc...these are probably my least fave unless in green smoothies.

bok choy is not only green, but may count

artichokes are a fave

All of them, and any you didn't think of too.

I have different ways of preparing them though...not all just plain boiled or steamed...they might appeal more with some sort of seasoning.

I have the best spinach salad recipe. Everyone asks for the recipe. My kids eat it in large quantities. Great way to get your greens.

Sesame Spinach Salad

2 tbs oil

1tbs soy sauce

2 tbs wine vinegar

1 clover garlic, crushed

Pinch sugar

¼ tsp nutmeg

Freshly ground black pepper

1 tsp grated fresh ginger

250gms young fresh spinach

2 tbs toasted sesame seeds

1. Mix together in a jar: oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sugar, nutmeg, pepper and ginger. Cover, shake well, put in fridge till needed. (I put it all in a blender but its not necessary).

2. Wash and dry thoroughly the spinach and tear into smallish pieces (I use baby spinach so I dont do this) . Place in salad bowl and pour on the dressing, then sprinkle on the sesame seeds. Toss lightly. Serve fairly soon.

:iagree:

I like them ALL and...

broccoli rabe

artichokes

bell peppers