Menu

DIVE or Apologia??

I am looking at Biology for my 9th graders, and possibly my 8th grader?? And Chemistry for my 11th. I was all set to order Apologia, but then I clicked on a link here for DIVE.

So before I drop $100-130 on Science, I'd like some reviews.... please?

Last year I used the DIVE cd's with Apologia and it did enhance our learning. We especially enjoyed the dissections and experiments.

God bless,

Vicki

So I should get BOTH?? Eeek, that would almost dbl the amount for my Science curric. Ouch!! If you *had* to pick one or the other though... Does Apologia do labs?

Here's a link for the Apologia biology text and solutions and test book for $60. The DIVE would be an additional $50, and then of course there's the lab equipment. :tongue_smilie: It would be great if you could find the Apologia books used.

http://www.christianbook.com/exploring-creation-biology-volumes-second-edition/jay-wile/pd/533403?item_code=WW&netp_id=376380&event=ESRCN&view=details

I just wanted to pass this along as it's the lowest price I've found for the new books. If anyone has a better site, please share! :D

Here's a link for the Apologia biology text and solutions and test book for $60. The DIVE would be an additional $50' date=' and then of course there's the lab equipment. :tongue_smilie: It would be great if you could find the Apologia books used.

http://www.christianbook.com/exploring-creation-biology-volumes-second-edition/jay-wile/pd/533403?item_code=WW&netp_id=376380&event=ESRCN&view=details

I just wanted to pass this along as it's the lowest price I've found for the new books. If anyone has a better site, please share! :D[/quote']

I was actually going to be doing the full course CD-roms. I already told my kids I would not make them do any dissections. I didn't do them in school, and unless they are planning on being a Dr or a Veterinarian, I see no need for them to be made to do them either.

The DIVE cds are a great supplement to Biology. They can be done alone, but it requires the student to look for answers on the internet or from a text. We prefer to read the text 1st (we use Exploring Life), then watch the DIVE lecture and complete the worksheet and lab. Dd sometimes has a hard time grasping the lecture content after reading the text. I imagine it would be difficult to completely grasp concepts if you didn't use a text. I know DIVE says it can be used with just the internet, but in my opinion it would feel disjointed.