Menu

got my blood sugar level results today yay I did it

got my blood sugar level results today, yay, I did it.Back in August I posted here that I had tested right on the line between prediabetics and diabetics. Here are my results from then and my results today

July 28 today

sugar 120 91

hemoglobin 6.5 5.8

cholesterol 246 177

tric 177 86

ldl 162 107

hdl 40 53

weight 174 lbs 141

I did this completely by cutting out sugar and white carbs and swimming 4 or 5 days a week. NO MEDS.

I can't figure out how the various numbers for tric, hdl and ldl are supposed to add up to total cholsesterol??

Those are great numbers. Keep it up!

I can't figure out how the various numbers for tric, hdl and ldl are supposed to add up to total cholsesterol??

Don't worry about the cholesterol numbers not adding up.

The LDL isn't measured directly, it is calculated using HDL, total cholesterol, and triglycerides.

LDL = total - HDL - (trig/5)

Congrats on all the positives.

Are you doing something to address the anemia? That is a significantly low hemoglobin level!

It is a Hemoglobin A1C level, not checking for anemia but checking for 3 months past blood glucose levels.

http://www.diabetes-blood-sugar-solutions.com/hgb-a1c.html Here is one chart that shows how the A1C level compares to the blood glucose average.

Different labs have slightly different charts to go by but they are not that far off.

got my blood sugar level results today, yay, I did it.Back in August I posted here that I had tested right on the line between prediabetics and diabetics. Here are my results from then and my results today

July 28 today

sugar 120 91

hemoglobin 6.5 5.8

cholesterol 246 177

tric 177 86

ldl 162 107

hdl 40 53

weight 174 lbs 141

I did this completely by cutting out sugar and white carbs and swimming 4 or 5 days a week. NO MEDS.

Awesome!

Locally there has been a change in what they call pre-diabetes. Here if fasting glucose is 100 to 125, it's pre, and 125 and up is diabetes. And they won't reverse the diagnosis with better numbers--very annoying! Your weight loss and better numbers can postpone progression whether you actually have pre-diabetes or not. I have a relative who has diabetes, and she jumped right on it and took care of herself and it was over 10 years before she had to take any medication at all for it. She is now in her early 80's and on insulin, but it could have been so much worse, so much sooner.

When she and later her DH got it, my DH and I took all the local diabetes classes so that we could help them. If there was one thing that was inspiring about those classes, it was seeing the people with badly progressed diabetes, in their 60's and looking like they were in their 80's, crippled, short of breath, very overweight, histories of heart disease--in short, in very bad shape at a fairly young age.

my dh and dc were so excited when I ran into the house shouting "I did it, I did it". My dh just called me from work to say how proud of me he was

My dr. was also very happy, he said that almost nobody complies with his instructions and he has to put them on medication because they won't cut out the sugar and white carbs. he had a big smile on his face .

Juliana, I didn't do anything to bring down my cholesterol. I was just concentrating on my diabetics. I ate fairly high fat with eating lots of nuts, olive oil, small amounts of full fat cheese. But I cut my carbs way down so I guess when that brought down my blood sugar, it also brought down my cholesterol. I didn't eat oatmeal but did eat unprocessed bran cooked up as a hot cereal with lots of cinammon .