Menu

My dtr's WISC scores

VinNY

My dtr's IQ went down from 3 years ago 79 to a 72:(. Specifically her strength in Non verbal went from a 90 to a 79. Verbal went from 71 to 73. Prior testing was with Stanford Binet. Current is with WISC IV. Her memory was 68 but her processing and discrimination were each 91. I will get the full report at my CSE meeting this week. I worked with a great school psych who pushed to get the Woodcock Johnson done for my dtr.Will know those results Monday (Saves me $ for when I need to follow up with a neuro psychologist..which the school psych is recommending because of the large drop in her non verbal score ) She thought it was wise that I had her evaluated early fall for vision issue.

Can anyone help me figure what is going on? I am hoping to get more services like OT for my dtr and pursue the vision therapy because of her issues:

These were the vision testing results:

Monroe III Age equiv 7

Gates Oral reading Age Equiv 7.1

PTS Span Seq memory Scaled score 5 (4th %)

PTS Closure Scaled Score 7 (16%)

PTS Tach (speed of Proc) scaled score 5 (5%)

Motor Free Visual Perceptual Test Perceptual Age 7.9

She is 9 years 1 month. Has CAPD, SPD, dyspraxia, articulation and severe expressive lang issues. She was born with the cord around her neck full term but 2 lbs lighter than the rest of my kids. Never beefed up like the other babies, had severe eczema which she gets still now seasonally. Turned grayish on me at 6 days..took her to the ER for eval.

Using LIPS and Recipe for Reading..that is coming along slowly. Math we are still at a 1st grade level. I work with her year round practically every day because of her memory issues. She says she pictures her brain as having many lockers where she keeps her different stuff. Some of which she can not find :) My Ped will get a copy of the tests and she said she will run blood work for Fragile X to rule that out and brainstorm with me where to go next.