Menu

Anyone here had skin treatments-Botox, laser or a chemical peel?

I haven't done a peel - but I have done Botox - I was thrilled with the results - I did it twice. I bruised after having it done, but that went away in a few days. The results were, well, the kind of results that make you go to the mirror to make sure the results are still there.;)

I would say that folks who saw me on a daily basis thought that I had taken a vacation because i looked 'well rested.' Folks who I had not seen in months were like, wow, what are you using on your face - you look amazing.

What I learned: always insist that they are using a new bottle - not one that is already opened. Have them put the needle straight in - not on an angle - that IS what will cause the bruising, but you will get better results straight in.

:) Oh, and it doesn't hurt. Forgot this: microdermabrasion before the botox and every 10-14 days for 5 weeks afterward. Microdermabrasion done in a dermatologist's office or a cosmetic surgeon's office is fantastic -- the day after, I would wake up and my skin looked like I was 6 years old again.

I did a high peel at a PS's office a few years ago. It did mean some downtime so I didn't repeat. My biggest issue is around my eye and it didn't do much for that area however the rest of my face looked pretty amazing! :) I was very pleased!

Popular among my friends now is the double gun of Dysport and Restylane. I'm saving for that next :)