Menu

Swagbucks

First, you join SB. Use an email address from Yahoo or somewhere -- not your main one. You will get a lot of junk mail.

Second, you download the SB toolbar. I use IE for this -- and it is the only time I use IE.

Third, you run searches using the SB toolbar while you are signed in to your account. You will randomly receive SB for this.

Fourth, you can watch videos on SB TV and earn SB randomly. You have to watch the entire video.

You can also participate in surveys, buy things from vendors and get 2 SB for every dollar spent, vote in the daily poll, and participate in their offer wall.

Then when you have accumulated enough SB, you can buy things. For instance, 450 SB gets you a $5 Amazon gift certificate.

You also get SB for referring people to SB -- I think it is whatever points they earn by searching, you also earn.

I love Swagbucks. I get about $15 in Amazon GC's each month, and have funded school books, a new chef's knife, and other goodies just using it as my search engine all day long. Definitely not a scam.

It's not the best search engine, ever, so I'll switch to google if I need to do some real searching, but for inputting my go to spots each day, and random searches throughout the day, plus doing the daily polls, no-obligation offers and surveys, plus looking for bonus codes that they post on their Facebook page, blog, etc., I can generate about $15 worth each month. It used to be more until all of my referrals graduated out of the referral program :)

There are other ways to earn by purchasing through the site, exchanging old electronics, etc. etc.

I did not download the full toolbar because I don't like running even more programs that way, so I just use the Chrome add-on, and it makes my default engine Swagbucks. You can do it in Firefox as well.

If you're on Facebook, you can friend CouponsandfreebiesMom or put her blog in your blog reader, and be updated on any new codes that pop up. But be warned, she posts a lot of deals, so you'll get lots of posts by her in FB or in your reader that doesn't always pertain to Swagbucks. Or you can check out WeLoveSwagbucks

I'll be bold and say.... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/aslansavz in case you want it :)

I have a friend who uses it, as well. She always threatens to turn it off because it makes her computer run slow, but she never does...likes the gift cards too much. :)

Has anyone else experienced performance loss as a result of installing it? I wonder if it has to do with the toolbar, mentioned above...?

It may be the toolbar...which is one more reason why I don't use it. I just use the extension on my Chrome (and the Firefox add-on when I had it). I haven't used IE in years, so I'm not sure if it allows add-ons like that. It allows you to use it as your main search engine without downloading the toolbar. You do miss out on a few codes that are only given on the toolbar, but I can live without 'em :)

OK, I downloaded the tool bar and have started racking up points. We'll see how it goes. If anyone else wants to give it a try, feel free to send me a pm so you can use my email as a referral. I think I'll get extra points that way.;) Now that we're hsing, my Amazon purchases have really increased. I'll be so glad to get some of those gift cards!

I've been using it for a few months, and haven't noticed my computer running slower. Like someone else said, it's not a great search engine, so I don't use it for complicated searching. Mostly I'll just search for the site I'm going to go to on there and then click on the link rather than typing the URL directly. I don't usually look for codes or follow any other links, and I've never messed around with referrals, but I still get a $5 giftcard every 3 weeks or so just from searching.

It's not the best search engine, ever, so I'll switch to google if I need to do some real searching, but for inputting my go to spots each day, and random searches throughout the day, plus doing the daily polls, no-obligation offers and surveys, plus looking for bonus codes that they post on their Facebook page, blog, etc., I can generate about $15 worth each month. It used to be more until all of my referrals graduated out of the referral program :)

I've had the exact same experience.

This is the second year that we've had Swagbucks. I just set it as my default search engine (I use Firefox) and do almost nothing else to earn points, although I have done a referral or two. This year and last year we used it as our entire Christmas budget. Our daughters are still very young, so they don't care about Christmas much and mostly we buy a few larger family gifts with it. This year we are up to $140 in Amazon gift cards since January, which I already used on Amazon to buy textbooks for my hubby, so we have $140 in cash to use however we want.

In case you are wondering how it works, they include advertisers in the search results, and they get money when you click on them or buy things through them. This is how they can afford to give the rewards, but also why the search engine isn't quite as good as google. It is certainly sufficient for general searching, but like other posters have said, I use google when I'm doing something more in depth.

I highly recommend Swagbucks.

just joined-what's the fastest/easiest way to get points? Thanks!

Go read my earlier post about couponsandfreebiesmom.com to get clues as to when they put up surprise swag codes.

If you'll do every single search you do in a day through the swagbucks engine..you'll get anywhere from 5-50 points per day. And I mean every one. Places you normally go to all the time..just search them first (i.e. search amazon to get to amazon's page (but don't do the .com part)) Be sure to do the daily poll, answer the surveys, and do the NOSO offers in the EARN drop down menu in swagbucks.com That'll get you about 3 points per day (plus more if you get surveys and can answer them). 30 pts a month isn't anything to sneeze at :)

Be aware of those extra swag codes..and if you can generate referrals, you get all their swagcodes that are earned through searches up to 1000 pts.

Can someone explain to me how Swagbucks TV works? Why must they be so cryptic? And how many dumb videos must I watch before something happens to make it worth my time? I have just been subjected to the term "Fergielicious".

It's random and you must listen to the entire video. Also, stay on the web browser you are using, just in case they can tell if you switch, for example, from IE to Firefox during a video.

I put on the videos and keep the sound down, and do on something else until I get SB: Cut coupons, read through catalogs, file paperwork ... or even jump up and do a 1-2 minute chore during that time. Eventually, I get SB. I do watch the videos that interest me. Once in awhile, I have "watched" up to 10 videos without getting any SB ... and that's when I give up for the session. It helps to go on once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night for both searches and videos.

I bought 5 of the $5 Amazon gift cards using SB in the last 2 weeks. I'm trying to get referrals so I can earn more through that avenue.

It's random and you must listen to the entire video. Also, stay on the web browser you are using, just in case they can tell if you switch, for example, from IE to Firefox during a video.

I put on the videos and keep the sound down, and do on something else until I get SB: Cut coupons, read through catalogs, file paperwork ... or even jump up and do a 1-2 minute chore during that time. Eventually, I get SB. I do watch the videos that interest me. Once in awhile, I have "watched" up to 10 videos without getting any SB ... and that's when I give up for the session. It helps to go on once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night for both searches and videos.

I bought 5 of the $5 Amazon gift cards using SB in the last 2 weeks. I'm trying to get referrals so I can earn more through that avenue.

Are the SB at the end of the video? I've watched about 5 videos and haven't seen anything yet. Thanks!

I have been getting at least $25 a month through swagbucks and some months get $75.

I just started zoombucks and have had pretty good luck at it too. You will want to use other email addy's for their offers as well. They have the same offer walls as swagbucks plus they do surveys, have daily points and search points. If you are good at or like to play games you can earn some points doing that.

Once you get 2000 points you can cash it out for a $20 Amazon gift card (or other retailer) and after the first one you can cash out at 1000 points ($10 gift card). I earned my first $20 at zoombucks within 7 days.

Between these two sites I am funding all of my kids Christmas gifts this year. I am just waiting on another $40 worth to pay for my oldest daughters last gift.

So it does. I am sure I had a reason for saving up at the time but now I don't remember what it was.

You can only cash out 5 $5 gift cards a month on swagbucks. Once you hit 5 you might as well save up for the $50. Or if you want you can wait until the next month to cash out. At some point though you probably will need to cash out another denomination and $50 is a better value than $25.

Just from searches and videos? I was getting almost $5/week from searches, and now it's taking FOREVER, maybe one every three weeks or so? :( I haven't been watching the videos though. Do you have some referrals?

It sort of is, as they make money on a lot of fronts, but I'm one who doesn't care about it so much. They make money off the hits then turn around and sell them as ad space.

But that's also why I didn't install the toolbar fully, just the extension on Chrome (and there's an add-on for Firefox).

And remember..in the beginning when you first sign up, there are a ton of opportunities for swag bucks, and once you get through them, it slows down unless you have a lot of referrals. Each of their promotion items (like the videos or the surveys) have a big push in the beginning, and then slow down, too.

I also cash out as soon as I can. I've been stung by reward programs in the past who went defunct and left many of us with large prizes unfulfilled because we were 'saving them up'. So I cash out as soon as I can. I'm down to where it's about $5/week, so I usually don't go over the limit anymore.