Menu

S/O Do you prefer Miracle Whip or Mayo?

S/O Do you prefer Miracle Whip or Mayo  

1. 1. S/O Do you prefer Miracle Whip or Mayo

• Miracle Whip
    • Mayo

It's amazing I used to think mayo was awful:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:and I always ate Miracle whip.

Now I think Miracle whip is awful.:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:and we all as a family eat mayo.

Amazing how taste can change.

:lol:

Miracle Whip is gross. I don't understand what it is. It certainly is not mayo, but it is not like any dressing I like. I feel terrible for saying it because I always tell my kids not to say things like that about someone else's food choice; but, oh, just nasty and gross.

I grew up on Miracle Whip, it was all my mom bought. Just like margarine. Yuck.

We only buy canola mayo from Whole Foods or Central Market now, usually Spectrum brand and it tastes so much better than other mayos to me. I know canola is supposed to be oh so bad because most of it is made of GMOs, but I haven't found an alternative yet. Maybe olive oil mayo.

But we're not huge mayo fans anyway, we eat it with very few things. We prefer a nice dijon mustard.

I can't believe it! I thought I knew you all so well. :001_huh:

Miracle Whip baby, mayo is not allowed in my house...unless is comes on the take out food we sometimes order. We're willing to overlook that...from the bridge of our upturned judgmental noses. :tongue_smilie:

I brought home mayo once. My dh threw it out in a fit of rage, stating that kind of dressing was not allowed in our house, not if we wanted to stay married. We were a family that believed in Miracle Whip only.

. .....(just kidding, but it's Friday)

It took me a good 7 years to convince my Kansas-born dh that Miracle Whip is the food of Satan. Real mayo for me!

Funny aside: I grew up in Louisiana and am now living in Nebrasa. A lady at church called and asked me to make a salad for a funeral. I responded "A green salad?" No response. "Oh, you mean potato salad?" "Yep." Apparently Midwestern salads, especially Lutheran salads, require mayo.

I love Miracle Whip because it's what I was served while growing up. So I voted for MW.

But. I don't eat it. It's full of HFCS and I don't eat that.

Basically, I don't eat anything with mayo at all anymore, but when I do, I use Mayo now. Ellie gave me a recipe for homemade and it is wonderful! I eat that all the time now.

I used to prefer Miracle Whip until I read the ingredients list! :ack2: Now I only eat mayo by choice. I grew up on miracle whip and really preferred the taste but after many years of mayo only, miracle whip now tastes weird and icky. I can't believe I used to prefer it.

Other. They are for different kinds of things! Miracle whip for cheese and tomato sandwiches, egg salad/deviled eggs and tuna salad; mayo for sandwiches of other kinds, and for chicken salad, etc. ;)

Bolding is mine. That's my one concession to Miracle Whip. My mom makes the best deviled eggs ever, and they have a little bit of Miracle Whip and also dijon or spicy brown mustard. I've tried making them with mayo and it's not the same.

Guest mrsjamiesouth
It's amazing I used to think mayo was awful:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:and I always ate Miracle whip.

Now I think Miracle whip is awful.:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:and we all as a family eat mayo.

Amazing how taste can change.

:lol:

:iagree: This was me! I only would eat Miracle Whip as a kid, but now I think its gross. My dh insists we only buy Duke's Mayo.

Miracle Whip is disgusting.

We grew up with Hellman's full fat mayo, and I believed it was the only mayo one should ever use UNTIL I moved down south at the age of 32. Being here, I've discovered Duke's, and it trumps Hellman's any day! :tongue_smilie: