Menu

What's the math mammoth of Greek?

freerange

Wow...that is a good question. :001_smile: I'm curious to see the responses you get.

We are currently using EG1, and I think it is set up very well. The daily portions are not too intense, and dd is learning and retaining. However, I do feel that sometimes repetition is important with languages...and math. We do flashcard reviews of all previously learned vocabulary each day. The material itself moves relatively quickly, though, and is explained well in the guide.

I like the Elementary Greek we are using. I would say that I'm having to tab things that we keep having to go back to for review. I'd like to see those items listed in a separate book or separate section at the back of the book, etc. for ease of access for use. I've also had to write in the CD play numbers for those lessons we need to replay all the time for practice. It would be nice if those were already included. But overall I really like the amount of built in practice and repitition and think that more programs need to include that....

The Greek from CAP is wonderful - Song School Greek for youngers, Code Crackers and Greek for Children for older kids. (I think I'd start GfC no earlier than 5th grade, personally.) I haven't used MM, so I can't compare, but it's both comprehensive AND easy to use - and fun, as well :)