Menu

How about some pictures of your kids in their costumes?

My son asked to be a Saguaro Cactus last year since he was really into Cacti plants then. He was quite passionate about being a cactus, so when I didn't find one on-line, I had to make one. So, I made this costume last October but we didn't get to wear it at all as we were on vacation in Savannah, GA which is known for being one of the most haunted towns in the US. When my husband scoped out the Halloween party at the hotel it was filled with VERY scary outfits (adults were the worst of course) and it would have sent my then 3 year old son into months of nightmares, so the plan was thwarted, but this year he asked to be a Cactus again, so we got to wear it!

post-16194-13535084110796_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084111168_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084111558_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084111962_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084110796_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084111168_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084111558_thumb.jpg

post-16194-13535084111962_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Guest kayteedid

Hi!

New to any forum and especially this one, a parent one. I have not sewn hardly a thing in my life. My dear 22 month old son is really wanting to be a saguaro cactus, totally initiated by himself, for the costume parade at his jewish preschool that will be doing a Purim celebration. I came upon your wonderful costume and am hoping you will be able to take some kind time to help me out. I do not really know how to start. You did a really awesome job!

I bought some fuzzy soft plush fabric that won't ravel with little bumps to sew some "thorns" into and "girdle" ribbing. I came upon your pillowed saguaro afterwards. I do not really know how to sew so I was going to try to do this by hand.

A really loving mom that does not have a lot of talent, but wishes to develop it with some mentoring.

Kaytee:bigear:

Hi!

New to any forum and especially this one, a parent one. I have not sewn hardly a thing in my life. My dear 22 month old son is really wanting to be a saguaro cactus, totally initiated by himself, for the costume parade at his jewish preschool that will be doing a Purim celebration. I came upon your wonderful costume and am hoping you will be able to take some kind time to help me out. I do not really know how to start. You did a really awesome job!

I bought some fuzzy soft plush fabric that won't ravel with little bumps to sew some "thorns" into and "girdle" ribbing. I came upon your pillowed saguaro afterwards. I do not really know how to sew so I was going to try to do this by hand.

A really loving mom that does not have a lot of talent, but wishes to develop it with some mentoring.

Kaytee:bigear:

If you really don't want to sew you could make one like this. You use cardboard, spray insulation from a can, and green spray paint. My friend made one very similar to this last summer- turned out great. I don't have a picture of his, but this one is close:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs374.snc3/23995_383118958420_577508420_3714164_5793893_n.jpg