Menu

We're off to Las Vegas in a few minutes...

For a couple of vacation days--going to a board game trade show, tickets to Mystere for dh and I and oldest ds, but best of all--three days in a hotel!!! Yeah! (Can you tell I'm a fan of maid service?) I've got one full day of child care too, with an old friends/church member/childcare provider who moved there several years back, so we'll have one day kid-free.

Any other family friendly Vegas suggestions, particularly something special for the 4 year old who is too squirmy yet for Cirque du Soleil?

Have fun, I'm going to try to stay off the boards as much as I can (though I need to take my computer for work, so I'll poke my head in), and enjoy your week!

How fun! What's your favorite buffet place? My Dad always takes us to Rio.

We'll be there next month to visit my Dad and to film a wedding. *crossing fingers* Also might be able to go to MGM to see Ultimate Fighting with BJ Penn - Brazilian Jiujitsu and Thai boxing fans in this house.

HAVE FUN!!!

Ohhhh, you're so lucky! I wish, I wish, I wish! We were supposed to go this month for a long weekend, but oldest dd's color guard competition got moved up to the same weekend so we went to that instead. That was fun, too, but I would've enjoyed Vegas as well. (We were supposed to go to a friend's wedding in Vegas.) I wanted to go see the Cirque du Soleil "O" show so badly!

I think I printed out a list of things to do. I'll see if I can find it.

Vegas Activities for Kids

I also wrote some notes, but I don't remember where I found these ideas:

Mac King Comedy - Harrah's afternoon shows, free tickets at carnival court an hour before showtime - to get free tickets, find a girl in medieval costume (you'll have to pay for drinks $9-10 in order to get free tickets)

(I put that first because I'd read some really good reviews on it and was going to try to take the kids to see it.)

Oops, I just read that the show is for 5 and up!

Bellagio Fountains

Red Rock

Madame Tussaud's (just because it would've been fun to compare it with London's Madame Tussaud's)

Mirage Hotel volcano - every 15 minutes after dark

Fremont Street - after sunset (light show every hour)

Enjoy yourselves and please post about it when you get back!

Having a great time here at the trade show. I'm really excited about all the games that are educational! Actually, thinking about setting up a web site with educational games by category... my list keeps on growing! We have bags and bags of "swag"--freebies given by companies and manufacturers. Of course, my boys were most happy about all the free Pokemon stuff (pencils, stickers, beachballs, etc). But only grownups on the show floor!

I'll post later with some suggested games by category if folks are interested. One great new vocabulary/word game--"You've Been Sentenced"--the mechanic is kind of like Apples to Apples, but building sentences for a score. Ody-see also looks good--geography game out of Australia with a large fully-detailed 3-D map board.

We took our oldest (ds6) to see Mystere by Cirque du Soleil last night with moderate success--I think he enjoyed it, but drove us crazy squirming and kicking etc. That boy cannot sit still!!