Menu

Virtual Scream

I don't have anywhere to do this and my husband thinks I'm crazy, so I shouldn't do it in front of him. But.

AAAAAHHHH! THERE'S A CRITTER IN MY ATTIC!!!!

There will be little sleeping tonight (by me). My husband is walking around screeching every time he opens a door in an attempt to frighten me. :glare:

Pest control has been called (after hours, left a message) and if there's a God in heaven they'll come out tomorrow.

Until then: AAAAAAHHHHH!!

If it makes you feel better, we've had a rat in our attic, and three shrews in our house. We also have raccoons and opossum out back at night.

shrews:

(1) killed by mouse trap. I could sense the little guy scurrying through our kitchen. When I turned around, I saw no tail. My husband thought I was crazy. It did end up being a shrew.

(2) found smelly dead shrew under our sink in a plastic storage bin which I keep cleaning supplies in

(3) cat killed one while we were out of town

[all of these in about a three-year span]

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but: what's a shrew? :leaving:

A very cute little insectivore. I acutally like them. I found one in my compost pile. We caught it and let the boys watch it for a while in a little cage. I just don't want one in my house. They can be hard to get rid of.

BTW -- We are clean people. We've had roaches, rats, shrews, etc. We feed birds, so I'm sure that makes things worse. But, we have cats. LOL

NShortTailedShrew23.jpg

Hope you got some sleep and animal control comes out early!

We have had to deal with bats in our attic several times and I know how unnerving it is to hear something up there.

Our last animal control guy gave us some good tips on preventing them coming back~hopefully whoever you call can advise you on how your mystery guest got in.