Menu

Is there one word....

that you spell incorrectly every.single.time!?

DEFINITELY.

That is my word. I even just misspelled it and had to hit spell check. Why! I am an excellent natural speller except for that word and its not even a weird word; its spelled phonetically for crying out loud. I don't get it...rant over.

DEFINITELY.

That is my word. I even just misspelled it and had to hit spell check. Why! I am an excellent natural speller except for that word and its not even a weird word; its spelled phonetically for crying out loud. I don't get it...rant over.

:iagree: Me too! Me too!!!!

I always put def. hoping they'll get the point! It doesn't matter how many times I check the spelling, the next time I try I get it wrong!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

DEFINITELY.

I misspell definitely all the time also. The other one is scavenger. I want to spell it with an "a" before the n or sometimes an "a" before the r.

DEFINITELY.

This is mine and it is so annoying to me because it is jut definite with an ly added on. But I sometimes make the last "e" and "i" and I always have to spell check it. My memory has gone south after 3 children and I probably will never remember it!

And I mistype the as teh regularly.

:iagree: I cannot type "the" the first time unless I stop and really concentrate. I blame that on muscle memory and not on spelling ability. I also regularly type any "-ing" ending "-ign" instead.

Flat out misspelling:

Necessary

Separate

Knowledge

nausea

diarrhea

(at least I now know I'm not the only one on those counts ;) )

oh, yes, privilege too and judgement

eczema

absorbent (really? it's -ent, I still just don't believe it!)

I used to miss necessary and unnecessary all the time...finally figured out one c two s .. whereas occasion has two c and one s

misspell (ugh!)

and to finish the list off with a bang..how do you remember how to spell hemmoroid, is that right? it doesn't even show on my spell check

DEFINITELY.

This is one that I used to misspell. I have a wierd way of remembering some words. I break it up into my own made up syllables.

de-fin-it-ely

another one I always used to misspell:

un-for-tuna-tely

I have been doing this since elementary school. I would break the word up and then repeat it over and over many, many times. Eventually the word would just stick.

I know I'm wierd.:D

DEFINITELY.

For that word, I always have to say "Finite" before I start writing. I have no trouble spelling "finite", but "definitely" trips me up. But, if I mentally say "finite", I have no trouble.

Judgement or it is judgment? I goof that one up every time and just refuse to type it!!

Actually they are both right depending on if you are using american or british spelling. Letter doubles get me like

obsessed or obssessed

committment or commitment or comittment or comitment AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!

and I have certain words I always type incorrectly even though I know how to spell them. It's like my fingers won't cooperate.

Oh, probably :tongue_smilie: but your post made me think of the word I mis-type 90% of the time that I type it: Typewell (well, look at that, I just did it right the first time). The funny thing is that Typewell is the typing transcription program I use for my job, lol -- it's a program that's supposed to make typing faster, and I usually mis-type IT and have to go back and change it (which of course slows me down). I just find that humorous. :D

I used to be an excellent speller. I am talking about winning Spelling Bees good but the medication that I take now somehow messes with the language center of the brain. I have great difficulty spelling even simple words. I sometimes mean to type one word and type another word entirely. I have difficulty recalling words of everyday items and sometimes I can't find the appropriate vocabulary word that I need. It is like my brain has turned to Swiss Cheese. That's why I post frequent notices regarding my language problems. It's not that I don't know how it's just that sometimes I simply con't access that part of my brain or that it isn't working correctly. Most of the time, it is no big deal but every know and again, I remember how smart I was (gifted) and how much I have lost and it bums me a bit. But them I look at the alternatives and I know that it is worth it. I have other more important things to worry about and I would hope that the people I know and love understand.