Menu

Has anyone used one of these programs?

blessedmom3

It looks so good !

English/Grammar nerds , what is your opinion ? :)

Worth the money?

http://www.amazon.com/Word-Shuffle/dp/B002E6TCIO

Word Shuffle is a fabulously fun word game that strengthens language processing skills. Students will quickly understand and apply literary terms, and figurative language. They will also learn grammatical terms and parts of speech as well as their application. They will have loads of fun playing against themselves or against others.

http://www.amazon.com/Hey-Whats-the-Big-Idea/dp/B002E6NPUK/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_b

Hey, Whats the Big Idea? is a wonderful word game that helps strengthen language processing, word retrieval, and organizational abilities. It develops students understanding of main ideas and details a fundamental of reading and writing! This game can be played individually, cooperatively or competitively. Once a topic has been selected, players have two minutes to come up with as many details as possible. If, however, they organize those details under main ideas, they get additional points

I don't know anything about those programs. I do know that all of the positive reviews on Amazon for them are obviously given by employees of Dr. Warren (just click on their names). I wouldn't trust any product that had to give itself fake rave reviews.

I'm curious how you know that the reviewers are all employees of Dr. Warren. I did click on the names, but I must be missing something.

Regards,

Kareni

I also thought the reviews just sounded clearly fake. Plus, I find the graphics really weird for the games - sort of cheap and unprofessional looking. It's a logo, not the product itself, which is unusual on Amazon. The description of the games is pretty vague.

Doesn't mean they're bad... at least, not necessarily.

I don't know if they are employees, but I do find it interesting that the only things those people reviewed were Dr. Warren's products. Well, except one reviewed a GF cookbook in addition to about 7 of Dr. Warren's products. So either some of them are planted, or those are the only things those people were interested in reviewing on Amazon.

But, that doesn't mean it's a bad product. I have not used them so I can't tell you one way or the other.

In another comment, one reviewer named "BB" from the product link you listed identifies herself as Dr. Warren, the author, so I assume it is a good guess that at least some of these reviews are from the makers of the materials or workers for the company. Again, that doesn't mean they aren't great products, but it is kind of deceptive to give a rave review and not identify yourself as the author.

Thank you, Dawn. I hadn't seen that comment. I agree that it is deceptive to write a positive review for one's own product without naming oneself its author.

Regards,

Kareni

In another comment, one reviewer named "BB" from the product link you listed identifies herself as Dr. Warren, the author, so I assume it is a good guess that at least some of these reviews are from the makers of the materials or workers for the company. Again, that doesn't mean they aren't great products, but it is kind of deceptive to give a rave review and not identify yourself as the author.