Menu

Favorite Documentaries?

what kind of documentaries? i know you said christian, but any other criteria? for you? for kids? i like ben stein's expelled. i also like the lee strobel videos on netflix (the case for christ, the case for a creator, the case for faith). i also have creatures that defy evolution in my queue (volumes 1, 2, and 3), but i've not seen them yet.

for other documentaries, i love all of the national geographic shows. frontline has some good stuff too. i also love anything about mount everest. lastly (it has language), but i really enjoyed no impact man.

i'll check my queue for other stuff...i've got almost 300 things waiting for me.

is this along the lines of what you're interested in??

okay. others i have in our queue but haven't seen yet...so they may or may not be lame, but they are categorized as chrisitan.

saint of 9/11

empires: martin luther (the movie luther was enjoyable too)

billy graham: a personal crusade (not in instant though)

john wycliffe

merton: a film biography

the atheism tapes (not christian, but looks super interesting!)

also, i know you said christian....but there are several videos that are excellent regarding buddhism. i'm not sure if you enjoy documentaries outside of your faith or not. i am christian, but enjoy learning about other faiths too, documentaries of all sorts. i specifically enjoyed unmistaken child. it was really good & quite insightful. there are many other videos that delve into other religions too. i'm currently watching "taboo", which is a national geographic series regarding cultural norms and traditions that seem like taboo to others.

anyway. hth!!:)

One I watched on Netflix Instant recently and really enjoyed was "Spirit of the Marathon". I'm not a marathoner, but it was fascinating, and encouraged me to keep pursuing my own goals.

The film's not from a Christian perspective, although at least one of the people they were following seemed to be a Christian. And I certainly don't remember anything offensive in it.

okay. others i have in our queue but haven't seen yet...so they may or may not be lame, but they are categorized as chrisitan.

Those all sound great. I just "discovered" my Netflix streaming, so I am digging watching these instant ones on my computer.

One I watched on Netflix Instant recently and really enjoyed was "Spirit of the Marathon". I'm not a marathoner, but it was fascinating, and encouraged me to keep pursuing my own goals.

The film's not from a Christian perspective, although at least one of the people they were following seemed to be a Christian. And I certainly don't remember anything offensive in it.

I would love to watch this one, sounds good.

Thank you all - I will definitely be checking all of these out! Not against movies "outside" my faith, just don't want something blatantly offensive, iykwim.

I'm very fond of John Romer's Byzantium. It discusses much of the politics and culture of Byzantium and the religion of the early Eastern church. I don't recall it being offensive or taking any sides. Just a great all around cultural portrait of the empire.

I wish I could stream this. I just might have to add it to my queue.