Menu

I remember a mom mentioned that she skipped the Miquon Purple book. Why?

I am not that mom, but both of mine have used all of the Miquon books.

It is a little different from the other books, there is much more writing, and seems to take more mental leaps, where as it is easy to use the rods to show the earlier problems. It has been a couple of years, but it seems like there were some patterns or series that for some reason just seemed like pages to get throught.

That said, I think it was a great help for transitioning into a more traditional math program (I think we've finally decide to finish out SM). But then our first few years were very relaxed about math and Miquon was a formal as it got.

Found the thread for you. You may want to PM her and let us know. :)

You're good. :D Pm'd her!

I'd really like to know as well. We'll probably get to that book sometime next year.

Us too! I'm a planner though. I like to be planned out at least at year in advance. :tongue_smilie:

I am not that mom, but both of mine have used all of the Miquon books.

It is a little different from the other books, there is much more writing, and seems to take more mental leaps, where as it is easy to use the rods to show the earlier problems. It has been a couple of years, but it seems like there were some patterns or series that for some reason just seemed like pages to get throught.

That said, I think it was a great help for transitioning into a more traditional math program (I think we've finally decide to finish out SM). But then our first few years were very relaxed about math and Miquon was a formal as it got.

Great info. Thank you! I have no way of knowing if the info. is necessary or not. There was some good mapping stuff and some other necessary looking skills/review in there. Some of the content just left me wondering why they would need to know that though! I'm not sure what would and wouldn't be necessary for problem solving down the road and what might be on the required after third grade testing here. I wouldn't want to risk nixing something necessary, but again a few of the topics just made me go :confused:!

Edited by mommyjen