Menu

At first it looked to me like she might have been trying to hold her hat, to keep the wind from blowing it off. There wasn't anything in her hand; she may have just been blocking the wind from her face. It really didn't look to me like she was talking either. No time traveling going on- sorry.

Saw this on the news last night. They believe she was actually probably using a small, mini-bullhorn-shaped type of hearing aid device that *was* available and utilized at that time in history.

You've got to admit, though, it really looked like someone using a cell phone! But c'mon, if she were a time traveller, her phone wouldn't have worked unless she brought a cell tower (et al) along for the journey.

Unless it was a special phone.... from the distant future..... :001_unsure:

Well, she clearly cannot be talking on a mobile phone, as it's 1928. There were no such things as communication satellites then. :001_huh:

So, I think it's any explanation but that one. :001_smile:

If she able to cross the time-space continuum, then I don't think that a little thing like communication satellites, or lack of, is going to bother her. :001_smile:

For what's worth, I don't think it is a mobile phone either.

Absolutely a time traveler!!! They are all around us. You know when you put something down, like your car keys, and then you go back to get them, but they are gone.....that is who moved them! They slip in and out with great stealth and they like mementos from other times, that is why they take keys or other things that are important to us.

There is no possible other explanation....like a person walking with her hand up, scratching her head or adjusting a hair pin.....nope, no other possible explanation...a time traveler indeed. And the fact that she is 'talking' proves it. No one talks to themselves, nor does anyone of age gnash their jaws (ever seen the way a person moves their facial muscles if they have missing teeth--dental care wasn't prevalent in the 20's).

Yup - time travel!

We do it all the time, don't you?

Obviously, all good homeschooling moms allow their children to build time travel devices. After violin practice, and before baking bread we always focus specifically on our time travel studies for at least an hour a day. Really, you don't? ... Shameful. ;)

Edited by LibertyH

Gotta be a time traveller from our time, not the future.

As we all know, in the future we won't have cell phones like hers/ours; they'll be the imbedded phones in our bodies with tiny cameras and viewers in our corneas.

Ooops. I wasn't supposed to say anything about the future. Never mind.... She's just listening to her hearing aid.

Yup - time travel!

Obviously, all good homeschooling moms are allow their children to build time travel devices. After violin practice, and before baking bread we always focus specifically on our time travel studies for at least an hour a day. Really, you don't? ... Shameful. ;)

Don't forget putting chemicals in the water supplies so that rainbows manifest near the ground.

No, no, no. If there is a female Dr. Who there has to be a hot, hot, hot Joe Smith.

Right. It's in the Time Lord handbook. Time Lords, male and female=hotties.

I followed another link on youtube to the actual youtube made by the guy who found this. A couple comments from the comments section seem the most plausible to me

"She is using a 1924 Siemens Hearing Aid. More or less the same size and shape. And the fact that she is holding it to her ear is a giveaway."

- Mark, London, England, 28/10/2010 21:57

"It's obvious that she has a siemens hearing aid made in 1924

and is adjustine the volume level.

She is talking to see whether it's quiet or loud."

- Brandon, England, 28/10/2010 21:38

I googled these devices, and it does seem like a very plausible explanation

Guest Dulcimeramy
I saw this elsewhere, it could have been a hearing aid!

http://hearing.siemens.com/sg/10-about-us/01-our-history/milestones.jsp?year=1924

I followed another link on youtube to the actual youtube made by the guy who found this. A couple comments from the comments section seem the most plausible to me

"She is using a 1924 Siemens Hearing Aid. More or less the same size and shape. And the fact that she is holding it to her ear is a giveaway."

- Mark, London, England, 28/10/2010 21:57

"It's obvious that she has a siemens hearing aid made in 1924

and is adjustine the volume level.

She is talking to see whether it's quiet or loud."

- Brandon, England, 28/10/2010 21:38

I googled these devices, and it does seem like a very plausible explanation

:001_smile:

A guy was watching the extras on a Charlie Chaplin movie and has seen what he claims is a person on a cell phone. The thing is, this movie was made in 1928.

Time Traveller?

At the end of the story is a video of the "time traveller".

What do you think?

I don't think this is definitive proof of time traveling, however this cave-painting of the Tardis is absolute proof. :lol:

Well, she clearly cannot be talking on a mobile phone, as it's 1928. There were no such things as communication satellites then. :001_huh:

So, I think it's any explanation but that one. :001_smile:

Actually, that's incorrect. The first wireless phone was invented c. 1906-7 by Reginald Aubrey Fessenden. It wasn't cellular and didn't rely on satellites. Fessenden, btw, is who Marconi bought a license from to produce radios because Marconi was unable to figure out how to transmit voice by radio waves--Fessenden did. Sadly, Fessenden was relegated to near obscurity for many years by all but a small group who remembered that he made a huge discovery & developed a fathometer. Fessenden took out over 500 patents in his life, and at one time worked for Edison before decided to be an inventor himself (but

didn't quit--Edison lost funding or something like that and had to let many people go.)

Of course, that phone wasn't cellular and wouldn't have been small like cell phones are.

Edited by Karin

Yup - time travel!

Obviously, all good homeschooling moms allow their children to build time travel devices. After violin practice, and before baking bread we always focus specifically on our time travel studies for at least an hour a day. Really, you don't? ... Shameful. ;)

Now you tell me! We've been wasting that time on mastering teleportation!

Actually, that's incorrect. The first wireless phone was invented c. 1906-7 by Reginald Aubrey Fessenden. It wasn't cellular and didn't rely on satellites. Fessenden, btw, is who Marconi bought a license from to produce radios because Marconi was unable to figure out how to transmit voice by radio waves--Fessenden did. Sadly, Fessenden was relegated to near obscurity for many years by all but a small group who remembered that he made a huge discovery & developed a fathometer. Fessenden took out over 500 patents in his life, and at one time worked for Edison before decided to be an inventor himself (but

didn't quit--Edison lost funding or something like that and had to let many people go.)

Of course, that phone wasn't cellular and wouldn't have been small like cell phones are.

Kinda sounds more like a two way radio than a phone--unless I'm missing something?