Menu

Homeschooling while selling your house?

It is highly likely that we will be putting our house on the market pretty soon. I'm trying to figure out the best way to homeschool while going through this.

Our schoolroom is the dining room, which is the first room you see on the left when you walk in the front door. I have it set up so that I can easily switch it back to a dining room, but there is a 3-shelf bookshelf and a world map hanging on the wall above it. We tend to spread out to the den as well during the day.

Should I take the map down? I could move the bookshelf to the den, but I would still like to keep school books on it. Would that be better?

Any other tips for homeschooling while trying to sell your home?

It is highly likely that we will be putting our house on the market pretty soon. I'm trying to figure out the best way to homeschool while going through this.

Our schoolroom is the dining room, which is the first room you see on the left when you walk in the front door. I have it set up so that I can easily switch it back to a dining room, but there is a 3-shelf bookshelf and a world map hanging on the wall above it. We tend to spread out to the den as well during the day.

Should I take the map down? I could move the bookshelf to the den, but I would still like to keep school books on it. Would that be better?

I also use the dinning room as my school room, that all changed in July when we put the house in the market. Apparently, potential buyers cannot envision the room as what is for, so we turned in back into a dinning room. I keep HS in there, but if I have a showing, I pick up the books put them in the armoire that is part of the dinning room, and VOILA...no problem.

We left our dining room as a schoolroom because we couldn't put it away and continue with schooling. We kept it neat, and it didn't seem to affect us because our house sold in 2.5 months. We did have quite a few days messed up for showings because it takes awhile to put a house with 6 kids in it all day in order. Good luck to you.

Granted, my guys were 6 & under when we sold our home, but I kept things (school stuff, Leap Pads, books on CD) in laundry baskets. When we got a call for a showing, we grabbed the laundry baskets and hopped in the van. We often drove around the block and parked and did school in the van.