Menu

Create a Story game

LizzyBee

We have it and have used it a handful of times, but my dd is not a reluctant writer. I wouldn't say that it's fantastic, and if a child does not like writing, I don't think this will fix that, but it does put a spin on writing, making it more of an afternoon family bonding thing. HTH

I don't know it... but that sure is pricey. I clicked on this thread thinking it was those story card games - but they're actually called Tell Me a Story. They're cheap and good for inspiration for younger writers. We also made our own story starter cards by tearing out pictures in magazines and pasting them on cardstock. But getting an idea for a story is different from learning to structure one.

If I buy anything, I need something that will teach incrementally. Writing prompts don't work for my dyslexic kids.

I'll probably get the creative writing game, and if we like it, I might get the expository writing game to use with my 9th grader. If so, I'll report back. :D