Menu

how often...??

Whenever I remember that it hasn't been done in a while. Which is no where near as often as they should be changed.

:blushing: uh, this would me our house. But, hey, it does make me feel better to see that this seems to be the norm in the first several posts. My mom would lead me to believe that everyone changes their sheets at least once a week.

Mandy

Once a week, usually on Saturday morning, but occasionally on Friday morning if plans for Saturday make for a very full (and very early) day. In the summer time, it is not unusual to change twice a week, maybe more. If someone has been ill, then everyday as needed (which can mean more than once in a day). :001_smile:

ETA: In reading the other responses, I just realized that I didn't address changing ds' : I don't - he does, once a week. I taught him to change bedclothes and to make up the bed when he was two years old; we did these activities together for a time, then he began daily making his bed independently (by his choice, independently). By the time he was three, he was changing bedclothes, weekly, mostly independently, and before much longer, he stripped and remade his own bed on his own (again, by his choice), and continues to do so weekly. Even if he is sick, he prefers to change his own bed. The last time I changed his bed when he was way too sick was a few years back . . . I gotta admit . . . most of the time, I miss doing this for him . . .

Edited by eaglei

Every two weeks here. We also bathe/shower at night, so I feel they stay cleaner longer. I will change the pillowcases more often if they need it, though. My son (my husband, too, though this isn't an issue so much now that he has a CPAP) is a mouth breather and will sometimes drool on his pillow, which makes me feel the need to change the case. Ech.

We're supposed to change them?:confused:

LOL--that would be my son's answer...

I'm in the "my mom told me to do it once a week, but we do it when I remember, which is maybe once every two weeks or so" camp.

My oldest is in his first year of college. When I picked him up for a long weekend prior to midterms, the same sheets were on his bed that were put on when we moved him in. I immediately jumped to the correct conclussion: they had never been changed. I asked if he had changed his sheets and this was almost his response.

He washes his clothes. He is shower crazy. Why wouldn't he wash his sheets? eww

Mandy

I had to LOL when I saw this question; my son and I were just talking about sheet-changing yesterday.

Basically, I do our bed every two weeks. Since I put ds1 on laundry duty, though, he confessed yesterday that he hasn't been washing his (or his brother's) bedding. We looked at his pillow case and...YIKES! It's probably been a good 4 MONTHS since he's changed his bedding!

So, that's what he's doing today, and I'll monitor it a bit more closely hereafter. :)

:svengo:

My oldest is in his first year of college. When I picked him up for a long weekend prior to midterms, the same sheets were on his bed that were put on when we moved him in. I immediately jumped to the correct conclussion: they had never been changed. I asked if he had changed his sheets and this was almost his response.

He washes his clothes. He is shower crazy. Why wouldn't he wash his sheets? eww

Mandy

I love, love, love fresh clean sheets. I would say I clean our sheets about every 5 days or once a week minimum. The big boys only do it when I tell them to, so that's about once a month. I couldn't stand it. I wash the four yr old's about every other week because his sheets are so hard to change and he takes a bath right before bed. :)

Whenever I remember that it hasn't been done in a while. Which is no where near as often as they should be changed.

Yes, this! I would say probably once a month :001_huh:. We don't have double sets of sheets, so they have to be washed on a day that I have time to make sure they get stripped, washed, dried and put back on before everyone is ready for bed. Due to different sheet colors, this means at least 2, sometimes 3 loads in a day. I also try to time it for when the corresponding color of clothes load is about half full, making each load full enough to wash when the sheets are added. All these variables falling into line approximate a lunar eclipse so, umm, yes, I probably need to buy extra sheets :tongue_smilie:.

Once a week - every Friday. Strip the beds and start a load before I drop DS off for enrichment classes. Both beds remade with just washed linens by the time I pick him up three hours later.

We only have one set of sheets for each of our beds. DS just got a full size bed so I need an extra set for him. We used to have two sets for our bed and believe it or not, we actually wore out a set of sheets! DH was crawling in bed one night, couldn't get comfortable, got out of bed to straighten the sheets :confused: and there was huge hole in the bottom sheet. In 30 years of marriage, this is the first time we have worn out a set of sheets.

I aim for once a week. Doesn't always happen. Not sure I should admit that the sheets on the lower bunkbed have not been changed in over a year. Ds is just not ready to change the sheets where his "supposed-to-be" brother last slept. Ds sleeps on top of them, in a couple of comforters that get washed about every 2 weeks. He'll be ready to do it, one of these days. Or maybe not.

I don't know the story, but I'm sorry. :grouphug:

sadly I am in this camp too for my kids' beds. Mine and my dh's get changed every week.

I am happy to find out I am not alone.

(I avoided this thread for quite awhile because I am so embarrassed about it)

I aim for once a week. Doesn't always happen. Not sure I should admit that the sheets on the lower bunkbed have not been changed in over a year. Ds is just not ready to change the sheets where his "supposed-to-be" brother last slept. Ds sleeps on top of them, in a couple of comforters that get washed about every 2 weeks. He'll be ready to do it, one of these days. Or maybe not.

:grouphug::grouphug:

What a comforting, affirming thread.

Like so many others, the theory is that sheets should be changed weekly.

The reality is that I am totally undisciplined about any and all housework, and my approach is haphazard at best. The sheets get changed probably twice a month, but I've always been ashamed of this, and even more ashamed of those times when it goes longer. :tongue_smilie: