Menu

17yodd update/prayer request

So, tomorrow dd goes for a blood pg test. Based on her last menstrual cycle, she is 9 weeks and 4 days pregnant. She has wanted to wait because of her early pg losses, and I think out of fear. However, at this point she HAS to get on the ball to be able to get insurance as ours will not cover her for the pregnancy.

Please pray that all is well with the pregnancy. Regardless of the circumstances, we just really want a healthy pregnancy and baby!!

Thanks so much!!

Stacey, I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and your daughter and hoping for the very best. It sounds like she is quite mature and independent for her age which puts her more in the "young parent" category than "teen parent" one.

I had my daughter at 17 and she is a very happy, healthy, well-adjusted freshman in high school. I started college when my daughter was an infant and there were other very young parents there so I have seen many people make it work. I graduated at 23 with a 3.9 GPA so I am proof that it can be done!

I encourage your daughter to look into applying for WIC. They will help her with supplemental nutrition and help her find maternity care. Crisis Pregnancy Centers also help with necessities (I think mainly furniture/equipment, but possibly more) and referrals. If she is unable to get traditional insurance then she may qualify for Medicaid. I took advantage of WIC, food stamps, and Medicaid in college and in my mind it was just another form of financial aid (along with my scholarships and grants).

I hope your dd gets good news from her doctor. :hug: