Menu

Please list my options for a 4 year Logic stage history rotation

plain jane

I was all ready to hit the "order" button on the TOG of site but I'm having doubts. We're not Reformed and I'm wondering how big of an issue that's going to be for my family.

That said, I feel I had better take a closer look at what my other options are for a Logic stage history rotation, starting in grade 5 with Ancients.

Please Hive, help me out! :lurk5:

History Odyssey?

I'm definitely keeping my eye on their level 2 stuff. I'd jump on it but I'd like to get more books squeaked in there and there's not enough hands-on stuff for my crew (who are not fond of the History Pockets).

I'd love something that's a nice mix of HO and TOG :rolleyes:. :D

I'm currently using HO 2 Ancients with the first half of Oak Meadow 6 for 5th grade. HO provides the structure I like plus the timeline and outlining. OM has wonderful ideas for writing and projects. The same structure should work for sixth then I'll have to evaluate whether or not I want to use OM 7 which goes to WWII.

I started a thread recently with similar concerns about TOG. People have been very encouraging that you can use TOG without sharing their specific religious beliefs. I had been planning on using HO, and adding lots of lit, until I started looking at TOG. My DH had pretty strong opinions against non-secular programs, so I sat him down last night for a side-by-side comparison, and now he's undecided, too. :D

I want a nice combination of both, too.

:bigear: