Menu

Our Trip to Gettysburg

We took a field trip today to Gettysburg where the kids had the opportunity to reenact the battle of Pickett's Charge with a park ranger. It was a fantastic trip and I humbly thought the Hive may want to read about it. :001_smile:

Link to my blog is in my siggy.

Sounds like you had a good time.

We took a field trip today to Gettysburg where the kids had the opportunity to reenact the battle of Pickett's Charge with a park ranger. It was a fantastic trip and I humbly thought the Hive may want to read about it. :001_smile:

Link to my blog is in my siggy.

Thank you! Dd13 is going Monday and she'll be interested to read this.

If you live nearby Gettysburg, then I have to put in a plug for our favorite Chinese restaurant. The people there are very nice and will talk to you about China if you ask them. We go there any time we study China as part of history (China has a loooong history, so we study it every couple of months). We also can't resist going about every 2 weeks or so (it's just soooo yummy.) The prices are normal. Gettysburg is a tourist spot, so some of the restaurants are overpriced. But this place has normal Chinese buffet prices.

It's called Li's Buffet and it's...oh, dang it. I don't know the address. I'll have to give you small-town instructions:

If you're heading into Gettysburg from the south (from Littlestown) and the library is on your right...

...when you get into the circle, take the first right off the circle.

Keep going for about 2 lights until the road sort of splits. Li's Buffet is at the second light on the right. You can't miss the sign in the window. If you're familiar with the area, it's where the Karate place used to be.

(they used to be at Yingling's Auction house opposite of where the Gettysburg outlets are, but they've just moved to the above new location.)