Menu

What would you have liked...

My best friends' older sister is being induced on November 2nd.

I know her on a very personal level and her daughter will be my "niece".

What would you have liked in the hospital to relax, pass time, etc.?

I can't spend any money, but I would like to make a care basket of some sort, maybe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ETA: I'll be present at the hospital, so if that makes a difference.

Edited by BeatleMania

"Real" food. Maybe make her some muffins or cookies or some other homemade goodies to snack on.

If she's being induced, they may or may not let her eat during labor, so you might want to check. However, I'm always RAVENOUS afterward, so I definitely second the food! Just check on the timing so she isn't tortured before hand, lol.

Not for in the hospital, per se, but when I was in labor, a couple of neighbors came and cleaned my house for me. They then brought a couple of meals and some cold drinks (much appreciated as a new and thirsty nursing mom!) for when we got home. That clean house was incredibly appreciated!

Not for in the hospital, per se, but when I was in labor, a couple of neighbors came and cleaned my house for me. They then brought a couple of meals and some cold drinks (much appreciated as a new and thirsty nursing mom!) for when we got home. That clean house was incredibly appreciated!

:iagree:

She probably won't need or want much in the hospital. The first few days at home she may have a lot of company. But after that ... Coupons to drop in and tidy the house, wash the dishes, clean the bathroom, cook a meal, or do a load of laundry would be wonderful. Heartfelt offers to sit and mind the baby while she showers or naps, or even just someone to talk to will be much appreciated.

Another thought: I think it's often quite nice to give a new mom a ring before I head off to the grocery store. It can be awfully hard to get out the door in those early weeks, and if I can pick up a couple of items while I'm already out, I'm happy to help out.

Another thought: I think it's often quite nice to give a new mom a ring before I head off to the grocery store. It can be awfully hard to get out the door in those early weeks, and if I can pick up a couple of items while I'm already out, I'm happy to help out.

That is a great idea!

Yeah, when I was in the hospital with both my girls, I didn't really need much of anything. They pretty much take care of you. I did like visitors, though. After I got home, however, I needed all the help I could get. I had c-sections, so I was a little more needy because I could hardly walk, but just someone around to bring me things helped a ton. Mostly service-type help was the most appreciated.

When I was stuck in the hospital on bed rest before boy #3, I was very happy to have music (headphones, cd player, ipod, etc.). One can only watch so much tv. When I got home, a dear friend had left supplies for sandwiches (nice rolls, different meats and cheses), chips, already prepped fruits/veggies, and some other nibbles. She also supplied paper plates, napkins, and cups. It was great; meals that even my husband could prepare and clean up after.:)

And a hearty "amen!" to picking up any groceries/diapers/whatever for her. I went through insane amounts of laundry soap with boy #2, he was very juicy.