Menu

What after Latin Prep?

mo2

Guest Lorna

The publishers recommend Latin Prep 1, 2, and 3 followed by So You Really Want To Learn Latin 3. You could follow it at any point with Cambridge which is an excellent course with a proven track record (used in the top schools in England and Scotland for decades). Latin Prep is very user friendly and we will be using it right to book 3 (even though I used the same Ecce Romani and Cambridge at school!).

I would ask on the Galore Park Yahoo Group for more details about options. The publisher should be able to give you a tailor-made answer. It is also a great support group for any Latin question you might have.

My understanding is that after Latin Prep 1, 2 and 3, you use So You Really Want to Learn Latin 3. After that, you go into reading original texts.

Right now, I am planning to use/continue to use the Lingua Latina books after Latin Prep. I expect us to be reading original texts after using SYRWTLL 3, probably via Oerberg's ... oh, I haven't had coffee yet. Oh, yes, "Roma Aeterna," which, IIRC, guides you right into reading original texts.