Menu

Want a book bag that stands up - Can anyone help me?

I teach in a co-op one day per week and would like a medium sized bag that will stand up on its own. All the bags I have fall over and are relatively flimsy. Can anyone suggest a good bag for me? Maybe Lands End or LL Bean? I recently bought one I like at Barnes & Noble and, though I love the pockets, it falls over really easily. Somthing along that line though.

Edited by Frontier Mom

LLBean's are wonderful. Strong, sturdy, and they stand up. I've used these for probably 9 years. Be sure to get the traditional cream with your choice of handles though. The custom ones and the striped/rugby ones don't stand up as well--the canvas is a little lighter weight.

I can't stress how perfect these are. Rugged and stiff! lol.

I haven't got mine yet, but I am pretty excited about it:

http://www.theoldschoolhousestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=191_202&products_id=18347

I got mine with a sweet deal on a 2 year subscription, and then ended up with another when they ran a deal for the planner too.

Yes, I have this one but it is not quite big enough for my co-op books and such. I use it for smaller things though like my Kindle and a magazine or two.

This is rather embarrassing: I still have the LL Bean canvas tote that my mother bought me to start college with--that means it's 26 years old. It's definitely dirty, but still in great shape, and it gets regular use.

Yes, well I have two but they must be the Large or XLarge. I received them as gifts when my boys were born and we have used them for years. Love them. Just didn't think of getting a smaller one for my books and such. I ordered a pink one from Lands End because of the inside pockets. I despise a bag that falls over every few minutes.

You'll probably think I'm daft, but check out the tool tote section of a home improvement store. They have a hard flat bottom that won't tip over, can carry lots of weight, have canvas that would probably outlast any of us if it's used for books, and have lots of outside pockets for pens and other things. Only caveat is that they're not pretty. :)

My Land's End tote stands on its own, my LL Bean tote does not. I've always had my eye on this Levenger tote Karen. Not enough room for school, but I think enough for reading on the go.

Oh, yes. I especially like the darker color now as the tan never appealed to me in regards to how fast it would get nasty. But, if they only had free shipping right now. Trying to control myself!