Menu

Favorite Browser?

Favorite Browser?  

1. 1. Favorite Browser?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Other (What?)

My "other" is Safari. Macs aren't for everyone, I know, but I find my computer and I coexist most peacefully when I use software designed for Macs, especially for things I do everyday - Mail, Safari, iPhoto, iTunes, etc. Occasionally I do use Firefox if a site says it can't do Safari.

My "other" is Safari. Macs aren't for everyone, I know, but I find my computer and I coexist most peacefully when I use software designed for Macs, especially for things I do everyday - Mail, Safari, iPhoto, iTunes, etc. Occasionally I do use Firefox if a site says it can't do Safari.

:iagree:

Good info, guys. Dh downloaded ff for his computer, had all kinds of trouble, but has somehow mentally blocked that & now chides me for using IE.

Yesterday, in my allergy/infection-induced weakness, he gave me an ultimatum: Chrome or FF. He was kicking IE off MY computer. I like the word "chrome," so that's what I've got now. I can't tell a difference one way or the other so far, but he's already not happy w/ GC & pushing FF again. I. don't. want. FF.

I knew you guys would be able to tell me if that was reasonable w/out me actually having to BE reasonable about the decision. :D

I haven't heard of Safari, but if it's exclusively/primarily for Macs, then that's another thread. ;)

Mostly, I'm against all forms of *change.* :lol:

Opera. It had tabs before I saw them in other browsers, and has my favorite feature of all: the ability to scroll back and forth by holding the left mouse button down and simultaneously swiping the mouse either to the left or right. (Sounds complicated, but is pretty simple and feels natural very quickly. I get irritated when using other browsers because I forget, and then I have to actually push the darn back arrow. :lol:) The only draw-back is that some functions (like previewing books on Amazon) don't work in Opera. Then I use Firefox. :)

Opera. It had tabs before I saw them in other browsers, and has my favorite feature of all: the ability to scroll back and forth by holding the left mouse button down and simultaneously swiping the mouse either to the left or right. (Sounds complicated, but is pretty simple and feels natural very quickly. I get irritated when using other browsers because I forget, and then I have to actually push the darn back arrow. :lol:) The only draw-back is that some functions (like previewing books on Amazon) don't work in Opera. Then I use Firefox. :)

:iagree: I use Opera on my Mac and my PC. I don't know how I ever survived without using mouse gestures, and I just adore pretty much everything else about Opera. For the handful of things for which it won't work (basically the already-mentioned Amazon previews!), I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my Mac. It is just incredibly intuitive, plus you can download all sorts of great widgets (apps).

I use both Firefox and Google Chrome at the same time because that way I can have two google account open at once! I work form home and need one account up for that....and then my personal account up on the other.

The kids keep raving to me about Chrome but I havent yet discovered why its so great. It might be faster but that seems to be splitting hairs to me.

I am more comfortable with Firefox but I might transition over to Chrome once I understand why its considered so good.

The kids keep raving to me about Chrome but I havent yet discovered why its so great. It might be faster but that seems to be splitting hairs to me.

I am more comfortable with Firefox but I might transition over to Chrome once I understand why its considered so good.

Our internet connection since we've moved has been unbearably slow. It's so bad that today, when the kids were putting on a play for us & had to change their "scenery," ds said, "Your internet connection has slowed..." & dd added, "Buffering..." LOL

So splitting hairs sometimes is worth it!

One thing I've noticed that's kind-of strange...the ctrl functions don't seem to work in Chrome, & other things--smilies, etc--are showing up in code when I put them in & then normal after I click "submit." I don't love that. But...if I were *used* to it that way, then I'd be annoyed w/ the smilies just showing up. Because I'm a fuddy duddy that way. :lol:

Mostly, I'm against all forms of *change.* :lol:

LOL. I am, too. I can't stand when I log onto email or a forum or something and find out they've changed the "look" of things.

Oh, and my husband will never, ever let me forget uttering the words:

"What do we need a DVD player for? We have a perfectly good working VCR!"

ETA: Oh, I use Firefox. It took forever but I DID eventually change from IE because I just kept having too many problems with it- error messages, computer freezing, etc. I have been liking Firefox, once I got used to the change. :D

IE causes so many problems. I love Firefox-XMarks is a great add on if you use multiple computers or smartphones.

Also-need to add Safari to the poll. It is the default for Macs and also has a Windows version.

I use Firefox on my Mac with great success-the biggest problems come with programs that like to open in a browser-it hates those. Then I use Safari.